XXVIII. Ira furor brevis est

(A/N: Important author's note in the end, please read!)

𝕬𝖚𝖗𝖔𝖗𝖆'𝖘 𝕻𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖁𝖎𝖊𝖜:

COMPARED TO MOUNT OLYMPUS, Manhattan was quiet. Friday before Christmas, but it was early in the morning, and hardly anyone was on Fifth Avenue. Argus, the many-eyed security chief, picked up Aurora, Annabeth, Grover, and Percy at the Empire State Building and ferried them back to camp through a light snowstorm. The Long Island Expressway was almost deserted.

As they trudged back up Half-Blood Hill to the pine tree where the Golden Fleece glittered, Chiron greeted them at the Big House with hot chocolate and toasted cheese sandwiches. Grover went off with his satyr friends to spread the word about our strange encounter with the magic of Pan. Within an hour, the satyrs were all running around agitated, asking where the nearest espresso bar was.

The Hall laughed.

Aurora, Annabeth and Percy sat with Chiron and some of the other senior campers—Beckendorf, Silena Beauregard, and the Stoll brothers. Malcolm was also there he personally thanked Aurora over and over for getting his sister back. And said he owed her one.

"Still do." Malcolm said

Both Natasha and Isabella were nowhere to be found probably because Clarisse La Rue the Councillor from the Ares cabin was there, back from her secretive scouting mission. Aurora knew she must've had a difficult quest, because She had a new scar on her chin, and her dirty brown hair had been cut short and ragged, like someone had attacked it with a pair of safety scissors.
"I got news," she mumbled uneasily. "Bad news."

Atlas whispered to Aurora. And Aurora confirmed his brother's worries.

"I'll fill you in later," Chiron said with forced cheerfulness. "The important thing is you have prevailed. And you saved Annabeth!"

Annabeth smiled at Percy gratefully, which made him look away.

"Luke is alive," Aurora said. "Annabeth was right."

Annabeth sat up. "How do you know?"

Aurora tried not to feel annoyed by her interest. She told her what Hera/Juno had said about the Princess Andromeda.

"Well." Annabeth shifted uncomfortably in her chair. "If the final battle does come when either Percy or you are eighteen, at least we have two more years to figure something out or three."

Aurora knew when she said "figure something out," she meant "get Luke to change his ways," which annoyed her even more.

Atlas rolled his eyes annoyed.

Chiron's expression was gloomy. Sitting by the fire in his wheelchair, he looked really old. Aurora meant... he was really old, but he usually didn't look it.