XXXVII. Materiam superabat opus

AURORA WANTED TO SCREAM, to let out all of her emotions

AURORA WANTED TO SCREAM, to let out all of her emotions. She didn't understand where things went wrong, every ally, every friend betrayed her.

I wanted to say this is just the beginning but I stopped myself.

She was done, she was over. Cassius was the last straw it felt like.

She was grateful for Percy, if he didn't hold her hand and occasionally hug her, Aurora would be there stuck with a traitor and a merciless killer like herself.

"It's nothing, sister." Percy said to his sister.

Atlas, Hades, Osiris, Isis and a lot of others nodded to Percy in thanks. He waved them off.

And Annabeth wasn't helping Aurora's worries, she had petty fights with pretty much everyone it felt like.

At first it was with Isabella, now it was also with Rachel, occasionally also attacking Aurora then Percy would defend her. Seeing as his sister wasn't in the mood for anything.

Then there was Ethan to consider, apparently he and Isabella shared history and now she also had to endure Percy's jealousy.

"Oh my, even Hell is more enduring." Lucifer said.

So in better words Aurora wanted to literally die and join Lucifer, because right now eternal torment was better than enduring this.

"So it was that horrible." Set said.

"Aha." Aurora nodded.

Percy tried his best to convince Ethan to come with them, but he declined it. And Aurora's intuition told her it wasn't good news. She could feel that he would cause trouble in the future.

"It is true." I said.

Before Ethan ran into the darkness the boys gave each other hard looks.

They were exhausted to say the least. They made camp right there in the huge room. Percy found some scrap wood and they started a fire. Shadows danced off the columns rising around them like trees.

Percy could tell Aurora was clearly shaking, but she  found some scrap wood and used her sword to start a fire. Shadows danced off the columns rising around them like trees.

"Something was wrong with Luke," Annabeth muttered, poking at the fire with her knife. "Did you notice the way he was acting?"

"He looked pretty pleased to me," Isabella noted. "Like he'd spent a nice day torturing children."

Lucifer and Set snorted.

"That's not true! There was something wrong with him. He looked.....nervous. He told his monsters to spare me and Aurora. He wanted to tell us something and those two who were they even? I know they were manipulating him." She said now looking at Aurora for answers who now had her dagger that Mars gave her  in her hand twirling it.