XXXII. Nulla aetas ad discendum sera

Chiron had insisted that they  talk about it in the morning, which was kind of like, Hey, your life's in mortal danger

Chiron had insisted that they talk about it in the morning, which was kind of like, Hey, your life's in mortal danger. Sleep tight!

Daemon, Lucifer, Set, Eris and Ares snorted.

And that did nothing to ease Aurora's worries after multiple tosses and turns in her bed and after praying to Hypnos/Somnus multiple times, eventually she fell asleep.

"Praying to Hypnos works for me." Aurora said, Hypnos nodded his head.

The dream consisted of a prison. She saw a goy in a Greek tunic and sandals crouching alone in a massive stone room. The ceiling was open to the night sky, but the walls were twenty feet high and polished marble, completely smooth. Scattered around the room were wooden crates. Some were cracked and tipped over, as if they'd been flung in there. Bronze tools spilled out of one_a compass, a saw, and a bunch of other things Aurora didn't recognize.

The boy huddled in the corner, shivering from cold, or maybe fear. He was spattered in mud. His legs, arms, and face, were scraped up as if he'd been dragged here along with the boxes.

Then the double oak doors moaned open. Two guards in bronze armor marched in, holding an old man between them. They flung him to the floor in a battered heap.

"Father!" The boy ran to him. The man's robes were in tatters. His hair was streaked with gray, and his beard was long and curly. His nose had been broken. His lips were bloody.

The boy took the old man's head in his arms. "What did they do to you?" then he yelled at the guards. "I'll kill you!"

"There will be no killing today," a voice said.

The guards moved aside. Behind them stood a tall man in white robes. He wore a thin circlet of gold on his head. His beard was pointed like a spear blade. His eyes glittered cruelly. "You helped the Athenian kill my Minotaur, Daedalus. You turned my won daughter against me."

"Minos." Poseidon spat.

"Daedalus." Athena spat.

"You did that yourself, Your Majesty," the old man croaked.

A guard planted a kick in the old man's ribs. He groaned in agony. The young boy cried, "Stop!"

"You love your maze so much." the king said, "I have decided to let you stay here. This will be your workshop. Make me new wonders. Amuse me. Every maze needs a monster. You will be mine!"

"I don't fear you." the old man groaned.
The king smiled coldly. He locked his eyes on the boy. "But a man cares about his son, eh? Displease me, old man, and the next time my guards inflict a punishment, it will be on him!"

"I still do not understand how can a man like him be a judge of the Underworld." Anubis said, Osiris nodded.

Hades shrugged.