LV. Nescit amor habere modum

(A/N: Important Author's Note in the end please read!)

Waking up in Hades's arms was a frequent experience for Aurora, they were tangled most of the time or cuddled close. But this time Hades seemed to be facing his balcony, he had his back turned from Aurora (Not intentional.) showing his back tattoo.

She lightly trailed her tender fingers on the dragon tattoo  only to feel something rough like a scar on them, but there was a lot of them.

"They were my birthday presents." Hades said.

"Sorry, I awoke you." Aurora said apologetically.

Hades chuckled. "I only slept two hours." He said now turning around meeting Aurora's intense dark brown eyes. "Which is a lot by my standards."

"If you don't mind me asking, What do you mean by birthday presents."

Hades sighed. "You asked me how I knew when was my birthday, I know because Every birthday since my younger brother released us, my father Kronos he drank poison to kill us, incase we weren't already dead. He always had doubts.... I held my siblings up to prevent them from that acid. So...."

"You don't have to—" but Hades put his index finger on her lips.

"I must, Mel.... To prevent my siblings from being poisoned, I swam into the acid and with my back tried to stop it, I almost drowned handful times but they survived, I did too, but I had scars scattered around my whole body.... Anubis tried his best to treat them but.... The ones on my back stayed the damage was done and I couldn't heal them."

Aurora hugged Hades, then closed her eyes before speaking. "I don't remember my mum, I was about six months when she died and I didn't remember her. I was about two when I really realised who my Dad was."

"Mel—" Hades started to say.

"Hades, please." Aurora said now staring at Hades's sad ice blue eyes.

Aurora continued, "I was two when I asked my Dad why he always wore black, he answered to show his sadness that my mum died he started wearing black. To my two year old self that translated into me always wearing black. I also feel comfortable in black clothes. The ring, the emerald ring that I always wear is my family's, Ashford's heirloom, everyone of them has worn it and when I wear it, it makes me feel like I am close to them and they are with me."

Hades cupped Aurora's heart shaped face, before kissing her tenderly, he always seemed to hold her with utter delicate touch and grip. Like she was fragile and easy to break.

And the kiss was meant to symbolise Understanding. That two broken souls recognised each other.

"Why don't we go to the near palace grounds there are some I want to introduce you." Hades said trailing Aurora's arm.