LVIII. Aut cum scuto aut in scuto

"They are waiting for you

"They are waiting for you." Atlas whispered to Aurora before she walked through the Principia doors, coming face to face with the sea of legionaries and intermingled Amazons in front of her. The Centurions, Octavian, and Amazon higher ups lined the front like a fence. They pounded weapons against their shields.

Victoria stood beside Ida.

Aurora sat down in front of the legionnaires, everyone including herself held in their breaths.

"Today is the day Titans fall and we will rise. Every single day since we were born led up to this day. We were born for this and we will all be an army the world has ever seen. We fight not for the gods, nor for myths nor legends, but for ourselves and mortals and those who are too weak to defend themselves." Aurora took a dagger Mars gave her and cut her palm, then she showed her palm which bled crimson her blood.

Everyone looked at Aurora strangely.

Ida and the Amazons looked at her strangely.

"My blood is red, like yours. There is nothing special about me, other than you chose me as your leader which I am grateful. If you die today you will be buried with honour, with the same honour I will be buried, I give you my word on that. We are the children of Rome, we come from different places, but we are all here, now we have the same name, no matter where you were born, what matters is that we are same here. Wether you are a praetor or just a legionnaire. We are all going to die someday and our corpses will all decompose the same. Wether you are a Devlin or a Demigod. A patrician or a plebeian."

The War gods nodded.

And do not forget our roots, 'Aut cum scuto aut in scuto.' Before us there were mothers who were said to tell their war-bred children to either come back carrying their shield or on it. And that's what we will do." Then Aurora stopped. "I will not bore anyone. And what I meant from my speech is that We.... We all are Heroes, We can write our own story, We are the warriors, who learned to love the pain. The Battlefield is cruel, but we never give into our fears deep within. And now." Aurora said she got up, the others also got up. "let's make that son of a bitch filth again." Aurora raised her gladius. "For the Glory of Amazons. For the Glory of legacy of Rome!"

Cheer was heard from everywhere even the Queen of Amazons clapped.

"Yes!" Mars screamed.

"That's a better speech than mine." Percy said frowning.

"Aurora is a great Public speaker but she is just timid and very introverted." Atlas said.

They marched to the temple of Bellona where a symbolic patch of ground rested--it was supposed to represent enemy soil. Octavian presented the spear, which was tossed to show that they were at war, and Aurora and Atlas, as the praetors going to the assault, threw it to the ground.

They looked at the mountain, looming high in the distance. Black vans pulled up in front of them-Aurora's was to be the first. Queen Ida climbed in shotgun. The centurions, one of each cohort, followed suit, but Octavian waited with her for a moment at the door.