LXV. Vae, puto deus fio

AURORA STARED AT THE BROKEN BODY OF SILENA BEAUREGARD, AS STILL AS A STATUE, she knew this was the moment she should've stayed strong, no matter how much she wanted to scream, her screams were shown through Flames that she made not intentionally

She supposed Rhys realised it and wrapped an arm around her waist, while Cressida put her head on her shoulder, she was about the same height and age as Nikki. Again Aurora was reminded how young they all were. She was fifteen and was constantly life or death situations, Nikki, Cressida and Rhys twelve. Fighting in a war that seemed hopeless.

"Don't say that." Ares said to Aurora, watching how Hades almost held Aurora in his lap, the only thing stopping him from doing so, was Poseidon's own grip on Aurora.

Aurora didn't have strength to fight, as she stared at the broken body of Silena, she saw her wounds, she could feel her wounds. And all she could do was to stare and watch how slowly she died.

Hades tightened his grip around her.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw the jar that haunted her even in her dreams. But she urged her head to turn towards her friends direction. Her lips quivered and started breathing heavily, trying to stop tears, and Rhys's arms tightened sensing her distress.

"I like This trio." Lucifer said.

Aphrodite cried in Ares's arms.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" Clarisse demanded.

Cassiopeia's face were stained with tears as she put Silena's head in her lap and started cradling it.

Silena tried to swallow, but her lips were dry and cracked. "Wouldn't... listen. Cabin would... only follow you."

"So you stole my armour," Clarisse said in disbelief. "You waited until Chris and I went out on patrol; you stole my armor and pretended to be me." She glared at her siblings. "And NONE of you noticed?"

Ares campers developed a sudden interest in their combat boots.

Lucifer and Set laughed.

"Don't blame them," Silena said. "They wanted to. to believe I was you."

"Stupid Aphrodite girl," Malcolm hiccuped. "You charged a drakon? Why?"

"All my fault," Silena said, a tear streaking the side of her face. "The drakon, Charlie's death...camp endangered-" Silena's lips were cracked and bleeding and her only expression was pain.