XIV. Omnes Viae Romam Ducunt

WILDER WOULD LIKE TO WRITE A COMPLAINT LETTER TO HIS BROTHER, THAT HE DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS SHIT

"Brother?" Aurora frowned, Wilder looked uneasy, he didn't want that to show, Eryx also uncomfortably cleared his throat.

But here he was nevertheless, much to his dismay babysitting emnesiac Perseus Jackson, the brother of his brother, his very close relative as you can see, but other than that he was fond of Percy, a guy without his memories who swings his sword like an expert and occasionally makes jokes with understanding Wilder's humour, loyal, a bit troublesome (but who doesn't like a bit of trouble?), charming, of course changeable like the sea, which reminded Wilder of a certain girl, sarcastic, brave.... Man, the boy was a blessing sent from heaven.

Percy smiled.

Which can't be said to the snake haired ladies who were really getting on Wilder's nerves.

They should have died three days ago when he dropped a crate of bowling balls on them at the Napa Bargain Mart. They should have died two days ago when Percy ran over them with a police car in Martinez. They definitely should have died this morning when Percy cut off their heads in Tilden Park.

No matter how many times Percy or Wilder killed them and watched them crumble to powder, they just kept re-forming like large evil dust bunnies.
They couldn't even seem to outrun them.

He reached the top of the hill and Percy caught his breath, while Wilder pretended to do so, being a god in disguise has taught him a lot of things about Demigods and Mortals, things he found fascinating, as a god.

"God?!" Aurora demanded.

Wilder seemed to have a sudden interest in his boots.

How long since they'd last killed them? Maybe two hours. They never seemed to stay dead longer than that.

The past few days, they'd hardly slept. Percy'd eaten whatever he could scrounge vending machine gummi bears, stale bagels, even a Jack in the Crack burrito, which was a new personal low. His clothes were torn, burned, and splattered with monster slime, even if Wilder told Percy he could remake them, he insisted keeping them on, he clawed like a child does to his toys and Wilder didn't blame him after all the leather bead necklace, golden band which his sister gave him no doubt and the shirt were the last things from his past.

Percy fidgeted with his sister's ring.

They'd only survived this long because the two snake-haired-ladies- gorgons, they called themselves couldn't seem to kill them either. Their claws didn't cut either of their flesh. Their teeth broke whenever they tried to bite them, while Wilder knew his reason he had no clue about Percy, he couldn't be a god, or could he? Based from
His looks and powers it was easy to mistake him for one.

"I am not feeling much godly." Percy commented.

"Look at yourself in the mirror kid." Wilder commented.