XII. Ad victoriam

ATLAS EXPECTED A LOT OF THINGS BUT SEEING HIS MOTHER, FATHER, AUNT WHO ARE ALL DECEASED IN THE PRESENT TIME WITH HIS YOUNGER SELF was the last thing he ever imagined seeing

"I like flashbacks." Blaise said.

The room and to call that a room would be an understatement it was so massive decorated with luxury furniture, his aunt Celeste sat on the armchair making funny faces at baby Atlas while his mother held him in her arms, occasionally raising him to attack him with kisses, which baby Atlas seemed to love based on his squeals, his father who sat beside his soulmate on the sofa also playing with their son, Zeus looked so happy, probably the happiest Atlas had ever seen him, he had one arm around Rhea who didn't pay him much attention, fully concentrating on the bundle of joy.

"If I wasn't so concentrated I would cut his arm off." Rhea commented, Zeus nodded there is no doubt she wouldn't, he didn't deem Chaos as scary as his soulmate/wife.

Soon the peace was disturbed when the ground tremored so violently dishes and glasses fell from their glass cabinets, shattering on the floor. Rhea held Atlas closely as she got up, Zeus got up in one fluid emotion to stand in front as his wife and son, Celeste had to hold onto the frame of the couch to keep upright.

Earthquakes were hardly common in London - not ones this powerful.

"So that's the potter mansion?" Daphne asked, Celeste nodded.

Celeste stood up from the armchair and a line settled between her brows and the shaking ceased.

Zeus didn't dare to continue looking at her, as he took out his lightning bolt.

The room was utterly still. The only sounds were the blood in his veins and Atlas's breaths. Even the crackle of their fireplace dimmed to the background.

A flash of light blinded all of them. When Rhea looked again she saw a goddess at least a foot taller than she, adorned in gold and silver. A goat skinned cloak hung over her shoulders. She held a staff topped with a lotus flower. A diadem was atop her head
-the type a queen might wear. Juno? Or Hera?

Jupiter didn't look look relaxed if anything he looked more agitated. "Wife." He addressed the woman.

"Husband.... I see you have broken your promise and oath." She said inclining her head to Rhea and Atlas, who stepped up to stand beside Zeus but he shoved them back. "Chaos said children of Soulmates are the exception and I couldn't let myself not see my son."

"I have been called father less so many times, I have lost count." Blaise said.

Juno rolled her eyes. "Of course you couldn't."

"The shaking was you, wasn't it?" Celeste asked calmly her sword still drawn.

Juno glanced at her sister, then tilted her head as if sizing her up, at that Celeste rose her head higher. "I am not here to deal with you yet, Ashford."