4. Feels

Mornings are magical.

Because when you wake up, for that moment between the confusion of consciousness and unconsciousness, the world stops, there is nothing there, no bad or good news, no worries, no nothing, just the feeling of opening your eyes to the world for the first time.

But after that moment passes, soon the world smothers you with everything it has.

Blood.

The smell and color of blood is the first thing that returns to Jade's memory.

And then everything envelops her like a tsunami.

Jade killed Himani.

She sits up and presses her palms against her eyes until they start to hurt.

Shit.

She wouldn't be discovered, she made sure to bury the young woman's body deep in the forest, and to make sure that no one would find anything of hers, she set fire to the cabin.

But the memories of that night could never be burned from her mind.

Jade feels scared, not only because she killed someone, but because she did it when her mind was on Kit.

The idea that Kit could unleash that wild side in her is troubling.

Jade gets out of bed, dragging herself around her apartment, going to the kitchen and opening the refrigerator full of blood bags she got from a smuggler.

Jade doesn't even bother to put the blood in a glass, she just makes a small hole in the plastic and puts a straw in it.

She turns around, leaning against the counter, her eyes focus on the clean, folded T-shirt on top of the cabinet.

Kit's T-shirt.

She takes a deep breath.

Who is she trying to fool? No matter how rational she is, her instincts will always be emotional, and although she knows it's a bad idea, she finds herself with a growing urge to go take that T-shirt to Kit.

No, she wouldn't do that, it's a terrible idea.

Jade might try to convince herself that she is doing this because she wants Kit to have a long and happy life, but the truth is that her reasons are completely selfish.

She doesn't want to see Kit perish, not again.

So at the end of that morning, she tells herself that she is doing the right thing by sending the t-shirt inside a package to Kit's address, which she got by bewitching the director of the institution to release the young woman's personal information to her.

+++

A grunt escapes Kit's lips and she throws the book against the wall hard, pages ripping and floating in the air, Kit runs her hands through her short hair, feeling anger run through her veins like fire.

It was a simple spell, all she had to do was make the damn book float.

This last days she has been feeling so distracted and unfocused, it is starting to become a problem for her academic life.

She stands up, picking up the book again and placing it on her desk, she takes a deep breath and tries again.

- Lunanockt Wanu - she says slowly, repeating the words three times.

The book trembles and rises from the table, swaying slightly in the air, Kit cracks a huge smile, she raises her hands and move them around the book, making it dance in the air.