34. Lost My Mind

Jade rolls over in her bed, since she woke up this morning, she hasn't set foot out of the house, hasn't returned calls from Scorpia or Elora or Airk.

Even Boorman called her, but she just turned off her phone and hid under the covers again.

From time to time she thought she was being too dramatic in isolating herself in her room, staring at the white ceiling and thinking about nothing, but then she would convince herself that she deserved to have her down time, she endured too much suffering with a smile fixed on her face.

And Jade was tired of smiling.

Jade had asked herself a thousand times why Kit was the center of her life, but the answer was always the same.

She had no one else but Kit, no family or friends.

At least not until now, not until Elora and Scorpia and Boorman and Graydon and Airk.

She had Agnar, but she could never say he was a friend or family, not in the way that Scorpia is her family.

She sat up, feeling a hollow emptiness in her chest, agonizing, like screaming underwater.

Was she ready to move on without Kit? Knowing that she's not dead or lost, but alive and free.

Wasn't that what she wanted? For Kit to have the chance to have a happy and full life? With someone who wouldn't bring her death and ruin?

Jade crawls out of bed and into the bathroom, where she removes her clothes in automatic mode and steps into the shower, the hot water immediately crashes against her shoulders, making her wake up, she feels the burning on her sensitive, cold skin, like fire covering her freckles.

She closes her eyes and lets the water devour her curls, bruising her scalp and face.

A sob escapes her throat, and once one triggers, she can't hold back the ones that follow after that one.

The water mixes with her salty tears, becoming one, she feels her skin boil and she has to turn off the shower before the water burns her skin.

Jade squats down and hugs her knees, sitting in her tub and crying against her palms, she shivers and the sounds coming out of her throat are painful and charged with agony, it has been a long time since Jade has cried with such sadness.

She feels all her pain in her skin, her bones, her heart.

Jade wishes she had never met Kit in that market, centuries ago, she wishes she had never gone to the young woman's room when she asked, she wishes she had never fallen in love with her.

Loving Kit was an eternal war between love and suffering, because she would never be able to resist her, she didn't have it in her to resist Kit.

She was the only love she had ever known and she had no interest in anyone else, she tried countless times, but Kit was the only one in her life.

But the curse fell upon her shoulders like a cloak of punishment for her dark nature, and dragged her into the deepest abyss.

Jade stands up, stepping out of the tub and wrapping herself in her towel, she stops in front of the mirror as she sees her reflection, her eyes red and swollen from crying.

Jade feels the immense urge to cry again, and instead she punches the mirror, shattering it into a thousand shards, blood immediately surges from her knuckles, she lets out a cry of frustration and throws another punch, making the entire mirror fall to the floor, shards and glass splattering all over the floor and into Jade's skin and hair.

- Jade? - She hears Scorpia scream, she was so engrossed in her crying and rage crisis that she must not have heard Scorpia come in.

Scorpia appears in the bathroom doorway and stares in shock at Jade's artwork, there is blood on the floor and splatter on the walls, and she feels a trickle run down her forehead.