16. Through Me (The flood)

Jade knocks on the door of her sister's house, her car is parked across the street in the sun, which is probably a bad idea since the day was as hot as hell.

Scorpia opens the door, the woman has an apprehensive expression on her face, making Jade hesitate, she enters, following through the hall and finding everyone else in the living room.

- I thought the one who wanted to talk to me was Graydon - Jade says looking at Elora

Elora exchanges a worried look with Graydon who is holding hands with her.

Sometimes Jade forgot that both of them were not only partners, but married.

- It's about Kit- he says.

Jade approaches, sitting on the arm of the sofa next to Boorman.

- I'm listening- she says.

Graydon takes a deep breath, he shifts his eyes to Scorpia who enters the room and leans against the doorframe, crossing her arms.

- She came to me this week- he says - At the institution- he stands up, putting his hands together, -she seemed to have... a sudden blackout in the middle of the hall, so I went to her for help, and then she came to her senses and yelled at me, asking why I was in her visions.

Jade blinks.

- Visions? - She repeats - Kit is having visions?

He nods.

- But not just any visions, as is usually the case with students of magic - He continues, he drops his hands - Jade, she's having visions about us, about her past life.

Jade's skin tingles and she lets out a short laugh.

- That's impossible- she says.

- No - Elora says - It isn't - She looks at Jade - Kit remembers Graydon being her fiancé, and she remembers the relationship you two had, and she remembers Airk.

Jade looks at Airk, the boy looks nervous, sitting on the edge of the couch, as if he is going to get up any minute, and in his eyes, Jade can read his soul, she can see how much he wants this to be true, how much he believes it to be true.

How much he wants his sister to remember him.

Jade swallows dryly, starting to feel anxious.

- But what are these visions like? - She asks - Did Kit give any examples?

Graydon denies it with his head.

- No- he says, -But she implied to me that they are only small fragments, that she doesn't remember anyone's name, or any element that would make her recognize herself in the visions. She doesn't remember that she was Kit Tanthalos.

Jade looks away, quickly assimilating the information.

- What are the chances that she remembers everything? - she asks.

- We don't know- Elora says, -I don't know if it has something to do with her magic or if this time in this life there is something different that is making her remember, but if it has something to do with Kit's magic, then that means the visions will be more frequent as her magic strengthens and evolves.

- So will it be long? - she asks.

- It depends on how good Kit is with her magic.

- But- Boorman interrupts Elora, -that's good, isn't it? We want her to remember us, don't we?

- That depends on how she would react to all this- Scorpia says, moving closer to Jade and touching her shoulder, -and I'm afraid the only one who can predict Kit here is you, little sister.