★𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙧'𝙨 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣-𝙀𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚 𝙑𝙖𝙣 𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣★

*✧New Years Action*✧・

This was requested by spankthru212

I love this idea so much

Disclaimer:kissing, drinking, smoking, swearing

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:.

Year:1981
New Year's Eve Party at Bar
Cassidy's pov

My best friend Angelica squizzes through the crowd with our drinks in her hands. Passing people dancing or already making out before the ball drops. "Here, you owe me $5," she complains, handing me my wallbanger as she takes her barely wine and holds it dearly like it's her baby. I roll my eyes with a small smile.

I take a small sip while looking out into the crowd. 81 was a good year. Hopefully, 82 will bring me more joy.  Angelica, and I were invited to this big New Year's Eve party by my childhood friend Eddie. 

His band, Van Halen, took off these past few years, and I could not be more happy or proud of him. We haven't talked that much due to his busy schedule, but anytime he was free, he would call me up or randomly show up at my doorstep so we could hang out.

I haven't seen him for the past hour, which kind of worries me. Michael probably has him, or he's talking to some girl. Angelica smiles while shaking her head. "Looking for your lover Cass?" she asks, raising her eyebrows in a suggestive manner. "No..just wondering why I haven't seen him in a while, is all," I shrug, taking another small sip of my drink. I'm driving, so I don't want to drink too much.

"Mhm, sure," she mumbled, looking at the band playing. "When are you gonna fucking admit-" "Admit that I have a schoolgirl crush on my rockstar best friend? Umm, come back to me never." Yeah, that'll never happen. As long as I'm sober, I am never telling Eddie anything like that.

"Cass, it's not just a schoolgirl crush. You've liked Eddie since you guys were freshmen in high school. You gotta tell em'" she nudged me. Angelica knows I like Eddie, but I don't want to ruin our friendship if he doesn't feel the same or if we have a messy breakup and hate each other. That's the absolute last thing I want.

 Eddie and I have been friends since we were little. I can't throw that away just because of a little crunch. I loved Eddie as a person before I started to have a crush on him, and that's how it'll stay. Hidden.

  I nodded along with her words. I know she wants us together more than anything, but it just can't happen. "Nothing is wrong with you being happy. I want my best friend to be happy. You guys deserve it. And if he doesn't feel the same way, then fuck him!" she exclaimed.

I laughed at her her sincere words. She'll never stop rooting for us. Before I could reply, I felt a strong arm wrap around my shoulders with a strong smell of vodka. I knew who it was by the vodka smell.

"Casssyyy...h-how's it? How's it going?" Eddie slurs next to me. His hand has a bottle of vodka and a lit cigarette dangling from the tip of his fingers. "Woah, Eds, you reek of booze. How many fingers am I holding up?" I asked, holding up three fingers playfully as he squinted at my hand. "Two, duh! I'm not smashed, just a little bitch buzzed." He laughed.

I laughed at his words, seeing he was clearly drunk and didn't want to admit it. I see Michael come behind Angelica; they whisper and giggle to each other while keeping their eyes on us. I glare at them, knowing what they're thinking. 

I look at the tv seeing as we have 2 minutes until midnight. I hear Angelica and Michael talking about kissing at midnight just so they have someone. I see all the couples get close to each other, waiting as the minute speeds.

As the minutes go by, the room syncs, and you can hear the band's lead singer count down the seconds till New Year. Eddie's arm tightens around my shoulder as he turns me to face him. 

"We h-had a g-good year C-Cass. And many more t-to come." He smiles, looking down at me with his bright smile. "Of course, Eddie, it's been your year for the best. You're making it to the top!" I said, making him laugh louder. "82, baby!!" He yelled, pulling me closer and looking at the TV.

"10..9..8..7..6..5..4.."

I scream, holding my drink up while thinking of all the new things to come this new year. I feel Eddie take my cheek in his hands and look into my eyes in a way I've never seen. "Happy new year Cassidy" His face got closer and closer, making me freeze.

"3..2..1..HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"

As the clock struck, his soft lips brushed mine with a rush of adrenaline. My lips stayed in place, not believing what was happening. He's drunk. He doesn't mean it. He can't mean it. Can he?

 I snapped out of my thoughts and kissed him back with the same pace, placing my hands on his neck and softly scratching. I smell his natural smell of cigarettes and his strong cologne that the vodka could never overpower. His thumb gently brushed my cheek as the kiss went on at a sweet pace.

Our lips parted with a slight click as Eddie said, 'Happy New Year,'  smiling as wide as he could. I immediately missed the feeling of his lips against mine. My lips felt bare without his. I wanted nothing more than to smash my lips back and kiss him till I couldn't. 

Eddie picks up his bottle of vodka and takes a big gulp while yelling with his bottle in the air. And there was my proof. As much as I would've loved for him to mean it, Eddie's just...drunk. The kiss didn't mean anything.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Wow, talk about a cliffhanger.

Over 1,00 words, people! Yes, there will be a part 2, don't worry! I love how this turned out, honestly. Sorry it took so long, guys!

-rockonbabe <3