3- One last truth

Keebo's Pov:

Shuichi slowly stared at me as he asked for... Me to get him? Get who?

But then it hit me. Where is Ouma? It seems that I must find him.

I nodded to the detective who was still in the ground, thinking about something, and walked out of the cold room.

...

Where should I search? Forgot to make that question...
Let's start with the dorms I guess. It seems like it is the most obvious place.

I Knocked at Kokichi's door, but got no answer back. Where is he? Maybe in the dinning hall?

No. The wole first floor of the building is empty. But somehow i felt someone going trough the hallway once... Must have been my imagination.

Go outside

... My inner voice told me after a few minutes of searching. I have a bad feeling about this.

But i followed my intuition. And when I crossed the entrance door... I saw no one.
Oh, I guess I was wrong after all. What a relief!

...
But... I think I may have talked to soon.
My heat sensors indicated I was near someone. Or... Under someone? What?

And then, I looked up.
I wanted to shout, to move, to do anything. But I was paralised with the horrible sight i had.

Ouma-kun... Jumped out of the window in the second floor. His black and white scarf came loose of his neck and fell to my feet, followed by his body.
In a huge bloody pool, layed our classmate.

I didn't know what to think. Is he still alive? I need to get the others.

But I also didn't want to leave Ouma alone. That's when Maki appeared, and soon she brought the rest of our friends.

...

And the body discovering announcement went off.

I... couldn't believe it.

Shuichi's Pov:

"Wha-"

We followed Maki to the front of the school building.
She didn't say anything, just asked us to come with her, her face was pale and her voice sounded frightened.

That's when we saw.
Kokichi's liveless body in the ground, in front of Keebo.
His eyes open and his hair and clothes soaked in neon-pink blood, as well as the ground under him.

I felt my heart beating faster. I got to my knees and took Ouma's left hand.

I don't know why I did that.
The BDA had already proved to us that there was no hope for him to be alive, but I... Couldn't believe... I didn't want to.

When i snaped out of my thoughts, i realised I was crying. A cold tear fell from my eye and driped onto his cheek. This can't be happening. It just can't.

Minutes later, i got up. Everyone was still staring at the body blanckly.

Keebo started talking:
"Ah- I-i... He... Jumped. F-from that classroom." He explained in a low tone, while pointing to the window.

Puting all the streght in my body toghether, I went up the stairs and opened the door.

And there i found.
Kokichi's black shoes were under the window, side to side.
On top of one of the desks layed a sheet of paper and a pen.
Coming closer, I could read what I was afraid of finding in that room.

Hello :3
I... Don't know where to start.
Probably Momota-chan already told you about my plan. That makes it easyer for me...

Yeah. I jumped.
Ya know... Even if you might not believe... I hate this killing game so fucking much. I'm a pacifist after all. So, I planed my death from the very beggining.
But for that, I had to kill two people I didn't want to.
And, as you already know, someone poisoned me. I wouldn't last much more time anyways. But I refuse to take Maki's life with me.
I already caused to many problems,and i already have way to many regrets. But that's life.

The bad guy loses, plain and simple.
I died due to my own guilt. Remember that. It wasn't anyone's fault but mine.
I'm sorry Momota, for trying to make you a killer.
I'm sorry everyone, for being a mistake.
I'm truely sorry.
I guess this is the last truth I told'ya.

Kokichi Ouma

I-i... I'm... Out of words.

Slowly, I got down to the floor, holding Kokichi's note in my hands, sobbing. So it was really true.

15 minutes later, i wiped my tears and met with the others, around Kokichi's body

I handed the letter to Kaito, whose eyes jumped from the paper for the boy's corpse.

I could tell he was sorry. I knew he was holdind his sadness in his eyes.

The paper was read by everyone.

We all stared at the ground. There was no reason to investigate, we already knew who killed our...

friend.

Kokichi... died because of his own willing to save us. And wasn't able to accomplish his goal because of me.

I saved him from the press. But couldn't save him from himself.

...

After the trial (which lasted less than 20 mimutes) we all went to our rooms.

As I layed in my bed, i noticed something I will regret for the rest of my life.

I made the one I have feelings for suffer in silent.
And he died... Thinking he was alone. I said that to him, didn't I? The last words I... Told him.

"You are alone Kokichi. And you

always will be"

End of the third chapter.
Well, the next chapter will take place after the mastermind's trial, as i'm to lazy to write that one.
Anyways, thank you so much for reading this, i never thought anyone but me would.