25- Releasing

A/N- Alright. At first, I wasn't sure about which ship (Oumota or Saiouma) to write about. But now I decided to focus more on Saiouma, still writing a bit of Oumota here and there.

Kaito's Pov:

I slowly opened the infermary door after the group left, followed by Kirumi some time later, and entered in the room.

It smeled like bleach and alchool and every surface was so clean I could see my own reflexion on them.

For my surprise, there was no monitor in here... Maybe so that announcements wont disturb the sick students? I'm jealous of them not having to wake up at 7 am with that annoying voice of Monokuma's -_-.

My eyes met with a white bed on the cornor, where layed Kokichi, open eyed. Next to his stretcher was a big bowl, filled with pink dyed towels.

But... he looked... Tired. All the energy he always had, all the jokes and teasing... All of it was gone. Ouma was trying to look as cheerfull as normal. But nothing could desguise the deapair he was feeling. His old laughter was replaced by hoarse mutters. His livelyness, his happyness... Disapeared.

It hurts so bad seeing him like this.

The boy had his right arm connected by a syringe to a machine that held a bag full of blood.

"Hey... What happened?" I saddly asked, sitting in his bed.

Kokichi looked at his arm and weakly pointed to it, his tired eyes questioning me if it was that what I was talking about.
I nodded, and so he explained.

"Hum... Kirumi said I lost a lot of blood, and so she made me receive more from... This" He said, slowly gesturing to the machine.
"I think this disease is getting worse, Momota-chan. You are all getting rid of me soon... hurray! It's a pitty Akamtsu and Hoshi are going to...yeah.... as well. I was starting to enjoy their company." Kokichi completed, smiling a bit.

I couldn't say much. Actually, I don't know how to answer to these statements Ouma has been throwing at us lately. The only thing I know is that he is telling what he really thinks of this sittuation, because of what Rantaro said.

"Hey don't say that. Look, I brought you something." I decided to change the topic. I then showed him the bag I had in hands and displayed three panta bottles on his bedside table, which only had his monopad and a lamp, and gave him a video game console.
Kokichi's eyes sparkled a little, what made me happy :)

"I asked Iruma to make this for you, but she also developed the games herself... So lets say... that if I were you, I would be carefull playing them, afterall... I might have an idea about the kind of stories and games she would make..."

"Haha! No! This is perfect Kaito! I- thank you!"

He quickly turned the console on and opened a few games. Turns out that Iruma made an incredible job, all the games resembled to famous ones, such as Super Mario and others.

 Turns out that Iruma made an incredible job, all the games resembled to famous ones, such as Super Mario and others

This pic is so cute :3

I'm glad I could make him smile again... I own you one, Miu.

"Momota, wanna play with me?"

"Only if you're ready to lose!"

And so, we both passed the next hour playing, having fun toghether.
After that, I had to leave since Maki asked me to help her in her lab this evening and Ouma was way too tired to keep himself awake.

Kokichi's Pov:

Time skip to the next morning!

This morning I was the last of us three to wake up. My two roommates were both reading books on their beds, waiting for Kirumi to bring breakfast.

I'm usually the first one to get up and open the widows (and why, you ask? Because I need some fresh air instead of this hospital smell every morning -_-) but since I'm connected to this fucking piece of metal, I can't get up without taking the machine down. It sucks.

My throat is so dry... I wish I hadn't drank all the panta Momota-chan gave me yesterday...
It was so nice of him to bring the bottles and the console... Nihehehe! But... Is he really concerned or is he just pretending to be? There's no way he likes being around me afterall. He hated my guts in the VR, as he should. But now... He's acting all this strange. Why?

My depressive thoughts were interrupted by something that, honestly, made me freeze in fear.
Suddenly... I felt something voming through my hole body.
But... Something... Good.
Like if all the pain had vanished in a flash.
It felt... Releasing.
And by Akamatsu's and Hoshi's expressions, it seems they felt it too.

"Wow. What was this?" Kaede asked, taping her chest with her hands.

Ryoma kept silent, smiling a little.

But I couldn't smile.
There's only one possible reason for this.

"Shit."

Akamatsu looked confused.
But she eventualy noticed what I meant when Kibo bursted into the infermary.

"You have to follow me. NOW."