24- Getting worse

Rantaro's Pov:

"Hum... Amami-kun? What do you think about coming with me and Iruma-san to the game room in the afternoon? We were planing to meet up there around 4 pm." The robot asked me.

"Sure! Why not?"

Me and Kibo were walking toghether to the dining room to have lunch with everyone else.

Well, not everyone. Ouma, Akamatsu and Hoshi are still in the infermary, no sign of being any better.

And speaking of the devil...

When we turned the corner, we saw in the distance... Kaede? No wait- Why the hell are the three infecteds walking around the school?!

As soon as the blond girl saw us, she started shouting something I couldn't quite understand.
But when she got closer... I noticed she and Ryoma held each one one of Kokichi's arms over their shoulders.

The boy tryed giving little steps, but was mostly being dragged by the other two. His iconic scarf was stained by... BLOOD?!

"RANTARO! KIBO! PLEASE, HELP US!" Kaede yelled, terrified and concerned at the same time.

We both rushed to them and layed Ouma in the ground. He was still conscious, gladly.

"WH-HAT HAPPENED?"

My answer was immediatly answered.
Kokichi started coughing. Coughing like he was being choked to death. He clenched his fists so tightly that his nails left little red marks on the palms of his hands.
... And... Blood spiled all over the floor and Ouma's clothes.

"Kibo, bring Kirumi to the infermary. We'll take Ouma there as well."

I tryed my best to stay calm. I really did.

Kibo turned around and left, clearly doubting if leaving was the best thing he could do in this situation.

"Kokichi, can you stay awake a little more?" I said, leaning into him.

"Hey I'm not dying or anything! It's just a little bit of blood!" He said, smothly smiling, his voice low and deep. He then tryed to get up, but almost fell due to the weakness caused by the disease's symptoms.

"Ouma-kun! Y-you lost a lot of blood! Plaese don't act like it's nothing!" Kaede intervened.

"A lot of blood?"

The girl proceded to explain me why they weren't in the infermary.
Appatently, 30 minutes had now passed since... Ouma started coughing out blood. They thought it would eventually go away, so they tryed stopping the boy from coughing ... But guess what. It didn't stop.

We walked Kokichi to the infermary, where Kirumi was already impaciently waiting for us. She put Ouma in bed and asked us to leave for a while, what we reluctantly did.

So we went outside, to calm our minds and... Forget about what would happen next.

Kaito's Pov:

Time skip for a few hours later!

I'm curious about how are the guys in the infermary doing. I haven't gotten in there since me and Shuichi forced Ouma to go talk to Kirumi. I guess it's time to visit my friends... Before is to late...

No. I can't just let them... Die! I refuse to see Akamtsu and Ryoma dying again! Not even... Kokichi.

Fuck.
There are soo many things I still want to do with all of them.

I still want to learn to play piano with Akamatsu!

I still want to change Hoshi's mind about how his life isn't meaningless!

And Ouma... Ohh Ouma... I... Can't take him out of my mind.
He asked me to kill him in order to save everyone in the VR...
He hid himself behind the facade of a villain so he could help us.
That guy... The guy who even after all of this... Blames himself for the deaths of Miu, Gonta and Himiko.
Ever sice we woke up... I can't stop thinking about his stupid smile and childish personality.

The three of them didn't mind dying if he could be usefull and end that hell for the others. Kaede and Ouma tryed to put an end to the mastermind's sick game, while Hoshi was ready to give his life so someone could use the first blood perk.

None of them should be going through this pain.

I was so confused when I saw Ryoma, Akamatsu, Kibo and Rantaro coming from the infermary direction... What happened?