17- Not real

3° person Pov:

Shuichi turned on the lights and analysed the gym.
But his eyes stoped when looking at Kaito...
The astronaut looked to the left where was a scarlet rose in the place Maki was standing a few seconds ago.

"MAKIROLL?"

"WHAT IS GOING ON?"

"ARE WE ALL GONNA DIE?"

"WHERE'S THAT FUCKING BEAR WHEN NEEDED?!"

"HEY GIRL SPIRIT! TAKE THE DEGENERATES FIRST!"

The panic was installed.
Everyone was screaming or banging at the door, which wasn't working.

'We're... Stuck here? Are we gonna die here?' were the main thoughts in the ultimate's minds.

"EVERYONE, STAY TOGHETHER! IF THE LIGHTS GO DOWN AGAIN, HOLD HANDS WITH SOMEONE!" Shuichi said, basicly screaming, so every student could hear him.

And just as he said, everyone got into pairs and waited til the lights went off once more.

In the dark, Tsumugi asked.
"Is everyone ok?"

"OAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

"WAIT, WHO SCREAMED?" Kaito asked.

But no one answered his question.

Someone turned on the lights and the students searched for another rose, but found none.

"KOKICHI?!" Miu yelled, looking up.

Everyone looked to the air, where floating, close to the ceiling, was a petrified Ouma. He wasn't moving, the only thing they could tell was that he was scared to death. His skin was pale and his eyes wide open.

"WE ARE GETTING YOU OUTA THERE SIDEKICK!" Kaito tryed to calm him down, which kinda didn't work

"WELL BE QUICK!" was the only thing he could say... Before the lights went off again.

But when they turned them on... No one was floating anymore. Under the place Kokichi was, layed another rose, this time dark purple.

"... SO THAT BITCH CAN NOW MAKE US FLY?!"

Shuichi was intrigued. He never believed in the supernatural, but making someone lift from the ground was impossible, it goes against all the laws of physics.

The detective taped Kaito's shoulder, making the boy scream i fear.

"Woa, sorry Kaito. Humm... Do you have any idea of what is going on?"

... Do you really think he does, Shuichi?

"Well, that ghost is trying to kill us!
I mean, until Maki's disapearence, this could only be some kind of sick joke. But making someone float?"

Hihihihihihi~

After everyone heard the laugh once more, they decided to unite forces and hold hands with everybody, in a circle.

And then, the lights began to ... Flicker?

When they looked at the center of their circle, a white figure apeared between the flicks, making all the students scream in horror.

"AAAHHHHHH"

...
Bing bong ding dong~

The morning anouncement went off...

....

"Owwnnn, we were getting to the good part!"

Shuichi's Pov:

"Owwnnn, we were getting to the good part!"

Ouma's voice came from under the figure. And so did the purple boy.

"Well, guess the prank is over! Yeah, I was your spirit! Did i get ya? Haha! Of course I did! You were all screaming like little girls" he laughed, receiving glares in return.

Soon, Rantaro and Maki came out of the stage's courtains and joined us.

"Ohh yes! I forgot to mention that i asked their help to make this act! I thought this sleepover could get boring, so I took my working tools just in case!"

We couldn't help but to laugh.
Laugh at our own lack of racionality.
How could we even think on the possibility of a real spirit haunting us?

"I gotta admit, you are talented at this" Kaito patted the supreme leader's shoulder, returning him a smile.

"Ya know space man, I'm good at planing. And that talent is perfect for a prankster!" He replied.

We started to pack out belongings in order to return to our normal (?) lives and left the gym, heading to the dorm's unit.

I was talking to Kaito, but before each one of us entetered our rooms, i saw Kokichi going to talk to him.

I think eavesdropping is wrong, but i'm way to curious...

"Hey, Momota-chan... Did you by any chance take my razor from my dorm the other day?"

What? A razor? Why did Kokichi want a razor? Was he planing something?

"Yup! I don't intend to return it though!"

Kaito got closer to Kokichi.

"I'll make sure you don't touch in that thing again. You hear me?"

"Hum? You know that there are knives in the kitchen, riiiggghhhttt?
Anyways, see ya Momota-chan!"

The small boy waved to Kaito and entered his dorm.

"Tsk, that mother fucker." I heard Kaito saying, before he also got into his dorm.

A razor? a knife? Were Kaito and Kokichi planing to kill someone?
But Kaito took Kokichi's razor, so that doesn't make any sence... "I'll make sure you don't touch in that thing again"? Why would Kaito don't want Kokichi to touch a razor?