19- effects

Shuichi's Pov:

Kokichi's body gave up on him and fell.
I moved in his direction and catched him from hitting the ground. Then, carried his uncounsious body through the hallways, searching for anyone who could help me.

"Hey Saihara-kun! How are you doing- What happened?!"

Rantaro, who had just appeared from the library door, rushed in our direction and inspected Ouma's body.

"Hum... I guess that motive's victims are starting to show up. Amami-kun, mind searching for the other two who are infected while I take Ouma to my dorm?" I asked, almost begging.

"S-sure, but how are you so sure that he has the disease?"

"First of all, he slept for almost 20 hours. Second, he passed out.  And third, his forehead is burning like hell. This is not normal."

"I see... Then i'll go get the others. Talk to you in an hour or so."

"Thank you."

With this, Rantaro rushed to search for the other infected people. That wont be hard, considering Kokichi's state...

I went to the dorms an unlocked mine. Thank god no one saw me... If they did, they would probably think I killed Ouma. I mean, is not everyday that someone carries an uncounsious body in a killing game.

I layed the small boy on my bed and took a wet towel from my bathroom, placing it on Kokichi's forehead.

The only thing I can do now is wait...

But then, something ocurred me...

Wait... If no one kills... Ouma will... Die. I can't let that happen... But i refuse to kill anyone. There must be another way to stop this! I-i can't loose him again!

My eyes stared at him. Kokichi curled into a ball, shaking. I put a blanket over him, hoping it helps.

A few minutes after, someone knocked in my door

It was Rantaro and Kirumi, who held a first aid kit in her hands.

"Hey... Can we come in?" The green haired boy asked.

"S-sure!" I opened the door fully, alowing them both to enter my dorm. Kirumi knelt down, close to Ouma.

"About the others... Akamatsu and Hoshi are also sick. I'm sorry we took so long, we went talk to them before coming here..." Rantaro mutters.

"No no! It's ok! How are they doing though?"

"Oh, they sure are better than Ouma..." He said, looking at Kokichi's body. "Akamatsu has severe headaches, while Hoshi has a little fever... But none of them passed out..."

"And neither of them has such a fever like Ouma..." Kirumi completed, looking at the thermometer she held.

We all stoped to stare at him. The boy was still shaking, pale and... Not awake.

I feel so bad for him.
This must be painfull for sure.

"I think there's not much we can do to help him now. May I ask you to take Ouma to the infermary once he wakes up? It would be easyer to provide him assistance there. I don't think Hoshi and Akamatsu need to be there though. At least not yet..." Kirumi asked, while heading to the door.

"Hey, Amami? I'm checking on the others. Can you stay here with him?"
I asked.
Even though i was concerned about Ouma, i have to check on Kaede and Ryoma, they are also my friends and I care about them.

"Sure." He replied.

And then, I left toghether with Kirumi.

Rantaro's Pov:
before you ask, yes, i do ship Oumami, but i also think of them more like brothers, so... This isn't a ship.

Shuichi and Kirumi left, leaving me alone with Ouma.

Kokichi was still sleeping in Saihara's bed... Mumbling? His voice was so low that i couldn't hear most of the things he said...

"It hurts... I have to... Mhg... Get me out... Save everyone...  ... Plan"

??? I think I can ignore that for now... But just for now...

The next five minutes seemed like hours, but eventually Kokichi opened his eyes.

"Morning Ouma. How do you fell?"

The boy took his time to understand where he was, looking arround and searching for any clues of what was happening.

"Hey Amami-chan... Why am I... Where am I to begin with?"

"Well... You passed out and Shuichi brought you to his dorm... He will be back, just went to check on the other infecteds."

Kokichi's eyes widened. He looked scared to be honest.

"Ohh... So.. i'm in S-Shuichi's dorm?"

"Yes... Is everything allright?"

"Sure! I'm leaving now! Byee!"

"NO OUMA WAIT-"

But I was to late. He got up and got out of the dorm, locking himself in his.

I run after him and banged in his door.

"KOKICHI YOU BETTER OPEN THIS DOOR!"

No reponse. Shit.

Luckyly, Kibo was passing by...

"Kibo, mind helping me? Can you... Like... Open this door?"

Kibo looked so confused... But there was no time to explain.

"Please?"

"Ok? I guess I can try..."

Kibo then unscrewed the lock with the help of a screwdriver he had on his arm. Looks like Miu is upgrading his body every day...

"Thank you Kibo!" I thanked him.

"No problem..."

Of course this was suspicious. Like, we are in a killing game. If someone asks you to open someone's door, that person has obviously not-so-good intentions.

Anyways, i prepare myself to open the door and talk to Ouma.