29- Fight

Sorry for the long wait ;)

Shuichi's Pov:

I'm starting to get concerned about Ouma. And so is everyone else, i think.

We haven't seen him ever since the last class trial. He entered his dorm and didn't came out of there. We all thought that after a day or even two he would be back as he always did... But it makes now three days that we can't talk to the supreme leader.

Kirumi has been preparing meals and trying to deliver them in Kokichi's dorm. But she always comes back, low headed, with an untouched food tray on her hands.
I can't help but to be sorry for her. It's no secret that Tojo thinks of Ouma almost as a son, and that she feels a little guilty about Rantaro's death. It must be terrible being aware that Kokichi isn't eating properly because of her. Not that we blame her, but she does, and we can't change her mind.

This morning wasn't different. Me Kaito, Maki, Kaede, Miu and Korekyo were having breakfast, as usual. Kirumi got out of the kitchen, carrying the silver tray covered by a plate with some toast and a glass of milk.

"Hey, Tojo... You shouldn't do that anymore. It's kinda obvious that he isn't opening the door, just give that guy some time..." Kaito muttered, resting his hand on the maid's shoulder.

Kirumi looked uneasy, and answered.

"I must serve people. It's my dutty as a maid. So I must help Ouma when he's going through all of this."

Her stare was somewhat cold. But before she could even reach the door...

"You shouldn't hope that this time it will be different. It's not good for neither of you. Whenever you try to deliver the meals you're preparing, you get frustrated by not being able to help. And believe me, Ouma knows that better than anyone when he refuses to be helped, and I don't think he feels great about that."

Tojo held the tray tightly, shanking a bit. That's when I felt I had to intervene.

"Huh, Kaito? Maybe Kirumi feels better about herself if she puts effort in giving an helping hand to Ouma. You should be assuming things that can not be true-"

"Can not be true? Tch, come on. Do you really think that frustration is healthy for someone's mind?! There is no pros about being decieved every day!"

"That's not what I'm saying-"

"And what about Ouma? Are you suggesting that he likes to be alone? Do you think he is isolating himself because he likes it?"

"What? No-"

Kaito wasn't letting me finish any sentence. The heat of the moment, the stress, the concern. All of them made us start fighting. Seeing that, the people who were present in the dining room left, leting only me and Kaito in there.

"You don't know anything about him! You don't know how he feels, don't ya? Of course you don't! It was me who found him cutting himself!"

I could see that he regreted finishing this sentence, raising his hand to his mouth but kickly putting it down and glaring at me.

"What are you even talking about? Kokichi would never do that! You remember how he was in the VR. Do you really think that Ouma is that kind of person?"

"If I think? Ohh I don't think, I SAW! With both my eyes! His wrists were a fucking mess, believe me or not! So I have enough profs that Kokichi isn't here not because he needs space! What he needs is someone he can talk to! And as soon as possible!"

WHAT? Is Kokichi really doing this to himself? Who could I never have noticed that?

Guilt filled my thoughts. I could have helped him before. He asked so many times for help, and I was just too dense to notice. He wanted to be friends with me, just didn't know exactly how to put it into words... And I thought he was joking. I pushed him away not knowing about the facade he was hidding himself behind.

"But you're contradicting yourself! That's exactly why Kirumi needs to keep trying to contact with him! Or else he will be alone for good!"

Kaito laughed. He got closer to me and I was really afraid he would slap me or something. But instead, he glared at me from above and said...

"Kokichi needs someone reliable to be with. Someone he feels confortable talking to. Not someone who is pittying him. While were here, argueing, he can be having a fucking hard time or something like that. Are you really ok with that? Cuz I haven't seen you even caring about anyone who isn't yourself, me, Maki and Kaede."

He looked down to me. I don't know why Kaito is being so agressive, the only thing I can think of is that he also feels bad for not being able to help everyone. But calling me selfish?

"Are you suggesting that I don't care for anyone besides you three? Are you saying that I'm fine with everyone dying here? Ohh I DARE YOU TO REPEAT WHAT YOU JUST SAID."

I hate to raise my voice, but of course I care for the others. Isn't it obvious? I hate whenever someone loses against Monokuma's desire for despair. I hate being responsable for every blackended death. But I do have to keep my chin up, even if friends, classmates and the people I care the most have their fates traced.

"DID YOU EVEN APOLOGISED TO KOKICHI ABOUT WHAT YOU SAID TO HIM IN THE VR? Ohh! I remember now! You didn't!"

With this, Kaito walked to the door, closing it behind him, and leaving me alone in the empty room.

He's right. I still have to talk to Ouma about that.