21- The cold room

Kokichi's Pov:

Ranaro left my dorm.
But he'll come back. With someone.
It couldn't be any worse.

But I'm cornered. If I stay here, Amami will make me talk to the "someone" he mentioned. And if I leave this room, there are eleven other people who might spot me wandering around.

...but I guess that the only possibility I have is to get out of here. Is a risk I'm willing to take. Even if I have a low chance to not bump into anyone, if I stay in my dorm I will be forced to talk for sure.

Dizzyly, I walked to the door and left.

Where am I going?
Should I go to the building?  Or maybe stay outside? Or... That's it!

There was no better place to hide but my own ultimate research lab. I was able to lock the door at least.
So, I rushed to the old school building and locked myself in round doored room, avoiding a few people in the way.

That cold room. I didn't miss it for sure.

Although I do miss DICE...
And everything in here resembles to my own evil organization. Remembering  it... The mistakes I made...
The people I killed...

I betrayed them

I don't deserve being dice's leader.

I don't even deserve being a part of it now.

Without them, my life wouldn't be the same. They made everything less boring for me.
And I broke the rules I created.
I killed three people, and Kaito would have died too if my plan worked out.

"... If I'm not a part of DICE anymore... Can I even be called a ultimate?"

Right now, I'm nothing more than a selfish, childish, friendless teenager.
And still, I'm here. In the ultimate academy for gifted juveniles.
But I'm not a supream leader anyomore.

Ouch

My headache just got worse. My knees were trembeling and so were my hands.
It's so cold in here.

But the only thing I had left was a long wait. A two weeks wait more precisely. For now, I'll stay here alone with my thoughts.

Time skip!

"KOKICHI OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR"

Oh. So after what seemed to be 2 hours, someone came to my lab, banging in the door.
If I don't answer, they might go away-

"I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE. COME ON, OPEN IT!"

Since the door is made of stone, I couldn't quite figure out who's voice was coming from it.

Rantaro maybe? Or... Miu perhaps?
They seemed to be the only ones who would swear on a freaking door...

I got closer to the entrace and, doubting if I should open it or not, replied.

"And what if I don't?"

"IF YOU DON'T I'LL CALL MAKIROLL AND KIBO HERE TO BREAK IN"

...Kaito. How didn't I remembered he would be stupid enough to do this -_-

"Hey, hey. No need to damage my lab."
Why am I even concerned about it? This place shouldn't even exist anymore.

I unlocked the huge door and Kaito sneaked in as fast as he could.

"Rantaro asked everyone to find you. He said something about you being infected by the disease and having a side effect related... Is that true?" He questioned, grabing me by my wrist and preventing me to leave.

"Yup! You'll get rid of me sooner than you thought!"

"Hey don't say tha- IS THAT AN ELICOPTER?"

Oh yeah. Momota has never been personaly in my lab before.
Gezz, that guy gets distracted by every single thing, doesn't he?

But i must admit, It was pretty funny see an almost adult being so amused by a toy helicopter like Kaito was.

"Welcome to... My lab, I guess."

Kaito kept exploring the room, trying on all my DICE wigs and desguises, siting on my supreme leader chair and inspecting the huge car on it.

"This is awsome Ouma!" He careless smiled at me.

It felt wierd seeing Momota this happy. A good wierd. But can't figure out what it is... I'll think about this later.

I must have kept silent for to long, because he got closer to where I was, a little concerned.

"Are you allright?" He asked, poking my face.

"I... Don't know... What I'm feeling right now..."

"MOMOTA-KUN! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BRING OUMA TO THE INFERMARY, NOT TO PLAY ON HIS LAB!"

THANK YOU SHUICHI <3

The detective showed up behind the door frame.

"Oh, right. Sorry sidekick. Lets go Ouma"

"Humm... Nope! I'm not going! See you later!" I replied.

I should avoid not being alone. I almost sliped... Something I don't want anyone to know. Specially Kaito. Luckyly, he didn't notice what I meant before. This fucking disease is litteraly and methaforicly killing me.

But before I could even react... Momota lifted my weak body from the ground and carryed me out of the cold room.

"Lets go Shuichi."

Just stopped by to thank you for the 1k reads! Thank you all for supporting whatever this fic is!