34- I will

Kokichi's pov:

A few days went by sice that conversation with Shuichi. We kept living our lives the best we could, ignoring the fear of being in a killing game, where Monokuma could get us a new motive to force us to kill eachother again.

Or that was until this morning.

We all gathered in the dinning room as usual to have breakfast toghether. Kirumi was preparing the food while  all the others talked or just waited for her to bring the meal.

I was sitting with Miu, playing cards. I still don't know how the fuck did she won that poker game about two months ago, but the truth is that she is quite a chalange, even for me ( I considere myself as a good player as stategy and logic are some of my strengths).

Bzzt~

Calling everyone's atention, the big monitor lighted up with a quiet, eletrical sound.

We all prepared ourselves for the worst. For a new motive. For another death.
For despair.

But... For our surprise.... The one in the monitor wasn't Monokuma.
It was... Someone way too familiar...

"This is a pre-recorded mensage: Greetings ultimate academy's students. I apologise for the long wait since I last talked to you all. The connection was unstable, but now I think I might be able to explain your current situation."

I recognize this guy... He's the one who totaly failed to talk to us before... This second killing game started.... Makoto Naegi if I'm correct?

The brown haired man looked nervous and serious. He took a deep breath before continuing. Everyone in the room stood quiet, maybe by the shock and fear of what's coming next.

"As you all know, each one of you voluntarily applied to participate in danganronpa's 53 game, knowing that your lives were never in actual danger. So, whenever someone passed away, they would be transported to the place you find yourselves at. We call that replica of your school the lobby, a virtual reality space where the 'dead' could watch the game and wait until all the participants left it. We were supposed to get you out of the VR once the game was completed... But because of a glitch, Monokuma's artificial inteligence was transfered to the lobby, and he is programmed to start a new killing game whenever 16 students are ready to do so."

"So that means this game is also a fucking lie? Are you kidding us you mother fucker?!" Miu yelled, getting up and closer to the monitor. It was needed Kaede to push her back to her seat.

"Iruma, he said this is a pre-recorded menssage. There's no point in trying to talk to him"

The guy in the monitor kept talking.

"But now I'll get straight to the point. In normal circunstances, to leave the lobby you need the moderator's, and with moderator I mean mastermind's, permission to do so. But in this case, and as you probably already realised... There is no mastermind.
That's why the only way we can take your counciences from the VR depends on you having Monokuma's aproval to leave. I wish you luck, and hope I see you all soon."

The monitor turned off.

Silence filled the before loud room.
All the ultimates shared confused looks. Some happy by the news that we have chance of getting out of here, some glad that the ones who died here will come back to us well and alive.
And others worried about what that sadistic bear will decide to do next.

I must admit that i'm scared as fuck. I might be the only one to realise it... But we are all under the control of Monokuma's desire. If he wants us to leave, we will. But if he wants us to keep playing forever... We have no other choice. I have absolutly no control over my own situation, and that's suffocating.

But... There is still hope, right? Maybe the most logical thing to do is to ask Monokuma, maybe he will be...

And speaking of the devil...

"Hum hum! It looks like the tea was spilled!" Monokuma showed up, visibly angry.
"Well...you're probably asking yourselves if I'm gonna give you that permission or not... But it would be so sad to end the killing game in half! So my decision is.... Drumroll pleaaasseee... You are free to leave after one last trial! One last life is needed to end this second game! And, since you all know that all the deaths that occurred so far weren't real, killing someone now wouldn't bring you the despair I want to see!;(
So...~ I'll make sure that the next death will be for good!"

"What do you mean 'for good'?! You can't have us killed if this is a VR, right?" Kaito doubtly said.

"Oh yes I can! I can control everything, even the machines that are keeping your sleeping bodys in the real world alive! It's easy! One more death and class trial and you are out! But the victim will not return like the others, and I shall remind you that even if you're in e fake reality, your bodys can feel pain, so you probably don't want to go through an execution! So I 'hope' you all give your best in the trial! How does that sound? It's not like you have any other choice anyways.... Bye!" He vanished.

Don't worry. I will come up with a plan. It's just a matter of time. Yup! It's everything ok! i will get everyone out of here! I will! I will! I can do this! I have to! Haha!

This is so cruel. Giving us hope and then crushing it just after. But don't worry! I'll fullfil my duty as a leader and win this shit once and for all!
Just need a plan.

"Guys...? Don't listen to him." Kaede spoke, braking the painfull silence in the cafeteria.
"We just have to convince Monokuma that keeping playing this game wont be as fullfiling as he believes, right? If we don't do anything and just keep living our lifes, he will eventually give up and let us go."

Surprisingly, several approval sounds could be heard. Kaede was always able to cheer us up, wasn't she?

But is it really ignoring this enough? I mean, we are already used to death, so one more isn't nothing compared to what we all already went through. And maybe Monokuma's sadism is bigger than we think.

But... I want to believe in Akamatsu. If she's right... We will sooner or later be all toghether, without this killing shit. Just normal teenagers.

Yeah... There's nothing I want more than having my normal live again.

God I hate this chapter soooo much :( but oh well. See ya next chapter!