27- Everyone's dutty

Holy shit this chapter turned out much bigger than all the others, sorry :(

Shuichi's Pov:

"Your investigation time has already ended! Please gather in front of the elevator to begin the class trial! See ya later!"
The monitor turned off.

It's happening again. Another class trial is about to begin.
I walked alone outside, meeting up with the others where Monokuma said in the announcement.

The atmosphere in the shrine of judgement... Was morbid.
Normaly we would have Angie, Kokichi and even Kaito messing around, trying to cheer us up a little.

But now... Angie is no longer with us. And Kokichi hasn't said a word after we left him alone to investigate. Kaito is also sad about Rantaro's death. His usual naivety and energy were replaced by a silent, quiet person.

And the rest of us... Were more focused on surviving the next hours more than anything. The ones who already died in the last game didn't want to repeat the experience and the survivours didn't want to try it.

The elevator's door opened with a mechanical noise and took us to the trial grounds we wished we didn't have to see again.

We went to out podiums and, taking a deep breath, I decided to start the debate.

" Lets start the trial. Who wants to give out the first topic?"

"Well... The Monokuma file was stangely small, we don't have much information about the murder." Maki said.

"She's right! We can only state that Rantaro was stabbed at 5 am! In the hallway! Litteraly anyone could have done it." Tenko stated. It seems this time she's a little less depressed than before...

"The knife came from the kitchen, right? So the murderer went there, picked the knife and killed Amami." Kirumi muttered.

"Yes, there was indeed a knife missing from the kitchen when me and Kaito went there to check." I agreed.

"Shouldn't we start by talking about our alibis for the time of the murder?" Tsumugui asked.

"I don't think that would be relevant. At 5 am, everyone must have been sleeping in their dorms." I answered. But my words were interrupted by the ultimate maid.

"Actually... Even if my statement might make me look suspicious, I must admit that by that time I was doing everyone's loundry on my lab."

"Wait, isn't your lab like, super close to where the body was found?!" Kaito loudly said.

"Kaito's right. The body was in the hallway between Kirumi's and Gonta's labs. Didn't you see or hear anything?" I questioned the maid.

Kirumi shoke her head.

"I see... So... Is there anyone else who has an alibi?"

But no one answered my question. We are clueless about who could or not have killed our friend.

"I think we can take off the infecteds from the suspect list." Maki declared.

"I shall disagree. Even if Akamatsu, Ouma and Hoshi were weakened by the disease, i think it would have been possible for them to sneak into the kitchen and ambush on Amami."
Kyo refuted. And I yes, I think that might be a possibility, even if unlikely.

"That's a total nonsence! Kokichi was still connected to the blood machine. If he got up and left the infermary, it would have done some kind of noise, right? And even if me and Ryoma were feeling a little better than him, I don't believe that we could go to the kitchen. That motive drained all our energy, and after what happened in yesterday's morning... We were too tired to even move. Right Ryoma?" Kaede speeched in their defense.