40- One last discovery

Shuichi's Pov:

"W-WHAT IS THIS?!" Kaede looked around in panic.

"The fire alarm... QUICK, WE HAVE TO FIND THE FIRE." Kirumi shouted to us, opening the computer room's door.

We three started running in the hallways, not knowing where to search. Everywhere we passed was totaly empty. Where is everyone else? Are they listening the alarm too?

"There!" Kaede pointed to a fire extinguisher displayed on a wall close to us, which I imediately took under my arm.

"Where could the fire have started?" I asked to myself, but also expecting an response from the other two ultimates.

"There is no time for questions Shuichi! Quick, Tojo, go check the kitchen. Me and Shuichi will search elsewhere-" Kaede was completely in panic. Her calm, confident behaviour was replaced by fear.

The words weren't getting out of my mouth. My jaw was trembeling so much that I would probably hear my teeth chattering if it wasn't for the loud, shrill sound of the alarm.
So... I pointed at the window next to us, and somehow, managed to say a few words.

"T-that wont be necessary"

Miu's lab was on fire. We could see the huge flames reaching the roof through that window and burning all around the small inventor's atlier. Smoke was floating in the air, dark and dense, and by the way things were going, not appearing to cease soon.

The next events... Ocurred so fast...
I couldn't even process what happened...

The two girls next to me rushed down the stairs, Kaede dragging me by my wrist. On our way we found a few more extinguishers they both grabbed as fast as they could before running outside.

And soon... I found myself trying to put out the fire on front of me.

Tenko, who was at her own dojo, joined us, but without any weapon that could be usefull in this situation, she just stood around trying to find other people.

Finally, with the lawn sprinklers' help, me, Kaede and Kirumi could extinguish the fire, which left the lab completely burnt from top to bottom.

Kirumi, thinking fast as she does, sprinted to the door and desperatly twisted the door handle multiple times.

Clack clack clack~

"Chabashira, give me a hand. It's locked"

...Locked? Unless the door is stuck once again, why would the door be locked? And also, what caused the fire?

Nervermind. What matters now is to open this door and hope no one's inside.

But I should know by now... That trusting hope is useless. The world is always against us, so hoping will never be enough. That's what Tenko proved to us when, after kicking the door a few times, it slamed open.

...The sight was nauseating.
In the middle of the grey ashes, destroyed machinery and forniture...
Sat someone, against a metalic plate on the wall. Their both hands were handcuffed over their head, which leaned down. Empty. Liveless.
Dead.

The fire left the body unrecognizable as there was almost no hair left on the corpse and the clothes were reduced to the upper part of something that resembles pants, know black dyed by the fire.

"A body has been descovered! You better go to the ultimate inventor's lab and start investigating! See ya there!" The monitor, that somehow survived the fire, was in perfect shape and showing for the last time Monokuma's body descovery announcement.

"Who is it?" Kaede asked, taping my shoulder.

I couldn't take my eyes out of the awfull cene. So, without even moving, I answer.

"I don't know. But whoever is missing... Is certenatly out victim. Let's wait for everyone and take our own conclusions"

Surprisingly, I was much calmer than usual. Even Kaede seemed to notice.
Maybe bacause of the shock. Maybe because of the fear.
Or maybe... Because I'm getting used to this. Used to see someone I know dying over and over again. How many times have I already experience this... Well, that would be nine. Yes. This is the ninth and last time I will investigate a friend's dead body.

While I was lost in thoughts, the other people started entering the lab, holding their sleeves in front of their face so they wouldn't breathe the toxic smoke.

Fine. Lets count who's here.

Shuichi - check
Kaede- check
Kirumi- check
Tenko- check
Kibo- check
Korekyio- check
Kaito- check
Ryoma- check
Maki- check
Tsumugui- check
Miu- check

The one person left. Is Kokichi.

I can't talk. I can't think. Empety headed. Just... Empty.
Why

Why him

From everyone, why did it have to be him.

I'M BACK :P! Next chapter will be bigger than this one, so it may take a little for me to write it. But anyways, see ya there!