12-Enemies to partners

Kokichi's Pov:

Hum... The morning anouncement went off.

I opened my eyes and stared at the white ceilling above me.

Do I really want to wake up?

Nah, I just don't feel in the mood.
They won't notice if I skip breakfast... And if they did, they would probably be happy about not having me around.

I sit in the bed as I rub my sleepy eyes. Wow, I guess I didn't sleep much this night... Not after yesterday's... Events...
I'm so tired.

T/W? I don't think it's a big deal, but anyways.

I got up and headed to the bathroom, where I found the razor I used last night.

I'm so weak. I lost to that one habit once more.

How am I supposed to save everyone here if I can't even control myself?

Useless

The thoughts are still here...

Murderer

They aren't wrong though...

Kill yourself

No... Only when it's time.

I took the razor and threw it inside the bathroom's cabinet. Might need it later, who knows?

Bing Bang~

Did someone just ring my dorm's bell?

I really don't want to talk to anyone... But anyways, if I don't answer, they might think I'm dead or something...

I went to the door and gently opened it.

"Hey Kokichi, may I come in?"

Well... I wasn't exepecting the ultimate astraunaut to come searching for me...

"Sure..." I replied.

Kaito sat on my messy bed and I sat in a chair in front of him.

"So... Kokichi, Maki told me you two talked yesterday and asked me to come talk to-" his eyes went down... At my sleeves?

Looking at them...
Shit, i forgot to change my clothes from yesterday.
Both my sleeves were neon-pink dyed.

I could exepect everything. From Kaito screaming and running away to him laughing at me and going to tell the others about how weak I am.

But surely I wasn't expecting him to grab me by my wrists (what actually hurt as hell) and draging me into the bathroom.

The tall boy raised my sleeves and stared at my cuts. I couldn't do much but to look away from him.

You should be ashamed

Now you're making him loose his time helping you

You don't deserve his attention.

You know that.

... I do.

"I'm sorry" I said, lowering my voice to a mutter.

Kaito, who was now bandaging my arms looked up.

Kaito's Pov:

Since I saw his wrist's state, I couldn't say much.
Why did Kokichi do this to himself?

He always looked so confident, someone who didn't give two shits about anyone's opinion about him...
Then, why?

I don't have much experience with nursing. Actually, the dried blood on his arms was hella gross, I could barely look at it.

So I took some bandages from his cabinet and wraped the scars with them.

"I'm sorry"

What? Why is he apologising?

"Can we... Talk, Ouma?" I asked.

The purple haired boy thought for a moment. And then, nodded.

We returned to sit on Kokichi's bed.
His dorm was a total mess, even for me, who didn't cleaned mine since I woke up from the VR.

There were books and boxes everywhere, fotos all over the walls and a few panta bottles on the ground.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"Don't know, just felt like to."

So we're playing that game, huh?!

"Stop lying to me." For the first time, i could tell Kokichi wasn't telling the truth. Good job me!

The small boy sighted and laughed a bit.

"Ya know, Momota-chan? I'm a terrible person. I'm a murderer. I shuldn't be alive right now. I killed Yumeno. I was Yonaga's target. I should have died, not her. I'm a mistake. And you shouldn't be talking to a mistake. You shouldn't care about a mistake."

So that's it?

"I'm sorry. I'm truelly sorry. The only thing I did in the last game was to be a fucking dickhead. I was so into my plan that I forgot about everyone."

He hid his face in his knees.

"I was so selfish. I was so anoying.
I only made you all hate me, for no fucking reason. And now, you're all acepting my apologies?
Like hell I'm gonna believe it! I don't deseve your atention, I don't deserve your forgiveness. And Yumeno didn't deserve being killed because of me. Neither did Gonta nor Miu.
I should be dead right now.
I deseve being dead, Momota-chan."

His sobbing voice stoped talking and Ouma raised his head, staring at me. His red, puffy eyes met with mine.

His sadness, his despair, his guilt were all spread on his face.

So that's what Maki wa saying with "Ouma needs somenone to talk with", huh?

"I don't get it. Why am I still alive? After all I have done, how is it possible?" He asked me.

I took a deep breath before starting to tell him all my thoughts.

"Maybe you are supposed to live, to do something no one else can" I anwered. Having no answer back, I kept talking.

"Ouma, Yumeno-san died because of this fucking game, not because of you. As for Gonta and Miu... I know you had your reasons. Your plan was supposed to have ended that hell. And only you would be brave enough for preforming it. Only you had the courage to antagonize yourself in order to save everybody in the shadows. If that's your idea of being selfish, then I must refute that thought."

Kokichi looked at the floor, his cheeks were now a little pink.

"You're not a mistake. And I believe that no one deserves dieing. Specially you. The others forgave you because they felt the same way. That you should have another chance. And if you think they were lying to you, then that's a misunderstanding.
We all regret what happened in that game. So please, Ouma, please try to take this opurtunity to return them that favour." I told him.

Kokichi didn't say a word and I couldn't understand what he was thinking.

He slowly put a hand on my back and hugged me, tears still coming from his eyes.

"I'm sorry Kaito."

I hugged him back. And suddenly, Kokichi's back fell to his bed.

He was sleeping... I guess he didn't get much rest last night by his big dark circles under his eyes.

I put a blanket over the supreme leader and left his dorm, taking with me the razor i found on his cabinet when searching for bandages.

I'll make sure you win this one, sidekick. You'll survive this shit no matter what. This is a promise.

Omg Oumota, yesss! I love this ship so much! Also, thank you very much for the reads! Hope you're liking reading this as much as i'm enjoing writing it!