30- Return

Kokichi Pov:

Three days already went by since the last murder and trial.
And I... Can't gather enough energy to leave my dorm.
I just... Don't fell capable of talking to the others. Not after Rantaro and Gonta... Died. And not after that cheesy speech I gave to Monokuma... How embarassing.

God, I was so impulsive. I'm not usualy like this.

I somehow miss my VR personality. That Kokichi was stong. Was careless. Was the perfect leader if it wasn't the fact that he was an asshole.
But now... I can't even face the people who I was supposed to protect.

I let'em all down. I'm not being a leader, I'm being useless.

Kirumi has been knocking in my room daily, beging me to open the door and let her take care of my injured arm.
It's so sweet of her...
But I refuse to let her in. I can't risk anyone seeing how miserable I am right now.

I have to put myself all toghether again. I have to be strong. I need to be myself again.

But it's not that easy.

...Huh... My stomach hurts as hell.
I guess that I have to eat in order not to die locked in here...
I'm so hungry...

I look at my dorm's clock. It's already 4pm, the dining room must be empty at this time. I only have to sneak in, take whatever I can and come back here. All this without being caught.

C'mon Kokichi. You can do it.

I get up from my bed and change my uniform, not caring about my appearence. I must be a total mess, but it doesn't matter since I'm not planing to cross into anyone.

Wraping my checkered scarf around my neck, I open the door and place both my feet outside my safe place.

Kaito's Pov:

Tsk. Shuichi is being a pain in the ass.
I hate having to fight with my sidekick. But if he doesn't understand his own selfishness... I feel responsible for showing him the facts.
I hope he understands my point of view...

I am now leaving the dining room, not knowing exactly where to go. Maki must be in her lab like usual, maybe I could go search for her...

I kept walking in the hallways, still thinking about the arguing, when I heard someone coming in my direction. So I raised my head and saw...

Ouma. Dragging his feet, slowly walking with his lowered head.

"OUMA!" I couldn't avoid shouting the leader's name.

He also looked at me, surprised. He had huge dark circles under his eyes, his messy purple hair was all puffy. Kokichi's depressed and lifeless expression was now staring at me, as if trying to assimilate what was going on.

"Oh. Hi Kaito." His weak and hoarse voice was low as a mumble.

I quickly raised his sleeve and inspected the deep injury on his arm againt his will.

"I'm taking you to Tojo. This should have been taken care of a lot of time ago."

"Please don't. I can take care of myself. See you around, I guess."

He started running away (well, not actually running. More like walking as fast as he could, witch was pretty slow), but i got him by his uniform's necklace.

"What are you doing dickhead?!" He protested.

There's no way I'm letting Ouma disapear again with a fucking infected wound again.

"You're coming with me. No buts."

Noticing that he couldn't escape, Kokichi nodded and followed me to the infermary.

It hurts seeing him this way. He definitly changed since Himiko's death. His happyness, his energy. Were replaced.

I miss you Kokichi. And I'll do my best to bring you back.

We're here, standing in front of the door. Hopefully Kirumi is in there, because if she isn't, I'll have to go search for her.

Kokichi grabbed the door handler, staring blankly at it, and opened the door.

The ultimate maid was, for my relief, organizing and cleaning the room. She hasn't entered the infermary since the trial, so we're lucky to find her here...

When Kiumi glanced at who had entered... She ran to Ouma, holding him in her arms. She was crying a bit while tangling her fingers in the purpleish hair of him, while Kokichi returned the hug, not smiling nor crying, only blushing a little from embarassment.

"I'm sorry Kirumi" he muttered.

"Hey, Tojo? You should check on... The arm." I indicated, pointing at the boy's right arm.

She nodded, and in 20 minutes, the wound was bandaged.

"Ouma-kun. Please take care of your injury regularly, come to me daily so I can change you bandages. I belive it will hurt for now, but in two or three weeks it must get better." She said, patting Kokichi's sholder.

"Thank you." The boy mumbled, receiving a kind smile from the maid.

And then, we left. I can't leave him alone, God knows what he will do. I must keep him by my side as much time as possible...

"Ouma... Do you wanna workout with me, Shuichi and Maki?"

I then remembered that me and Shuichi weren't in the best terms... But it's to late to take back the offer.

Kokichi moved his violet eyes in my direction, his stare questioning me if i was kidding or not. He then answered.

"Maybe... But I can't do much." He pointed to his bandaged arm.

"Then it's setteled. You're coming with us, even if you don't want to."

Kokichi headed to the dining room, not saying a word.
Oh yeah, he must be hungry. For a second I forgot that he dispeared for three fucking days.

A few minutes later, almost everyone who had returned to finish their lunch had already talked to the supreme leader. Some more concerned than others, but all happy for his return.

Miu insited in taking him to her lab, along with Kibo. I don't know why, but I feel that she also knows about Ouma's... Condition.

"KICH! You're coming with me and Kibo to help in my lab. Can't refuse!" She shouted after hugging him thightly. Ouma smiled at her, a mix between embarassment and relief.

Before leaving, he turned to me.

"Momota-chan, what time and place?" He questioned. I assumed that he was talking about the workout.

"I'm getting you in your dorm when the nighttime announcement goes off." I smiled at him, which he replied with a sad grin, and left with the inventor and robot.