20- Truthfull lies

Rantaro's Pov:

I slowly open the door.
Among all the junk, cardboard boxes, glass bottels and other random items, in his bed, layed a thinking Ouma.
The boy was there, staring at the ceiling, when finaly noticed my presence and imediatly stood up, changing his melancolic expression to a cheerful one.

"Ouma, are you ok? And why did you run away? I was worried, you know?" I asked, still concerned about Kokichi's state. And I guess he understood it.

"Ownn... I'm sorry I made you worried about me!" He replied, making a faint smile.

I... Really have to tell him, isn't it?

"I... How do I put this... Well, you see-" i started, but got interrupted by the purple guy (Wait, this isn't a Fnaf fic sorry).

"... I'm infected by that stupid motive. Yeah, I noticed."

That makes it easyer...

"...yes. How do you fell?"

I was still curious about the disease. I wonder what makes Monokuma think it will make us kill someone...

"Actually, I fell my head like, spining around as if I was drunk. My whole body hurts as hell too and I'm so cold that even a freezer would be warmer than me. Also..."
He was about to continue to list when he raised his hands to his mouth, covering it. His eyes made clear that something was off.

"Is everything ok Ouma?" I asked.

"N-NO?! I DIDN'T MEANT TO TALK THAT MUCH, I... I CAN'T CONTROL WHAT COMES OUT OF MY MOUTH, I-" He then slaped his cheek in order to stop talking.
After taking some deep breaths, Kokichi muttered.

"Please don't ask me anything right now"

What is happening with Kokichi? Is this what Monokuma was refering to when he told us about 'side effects'?

I waited until Kokichi calmed down a bit and proceded.

"Can you... Explain what is happening?"

"I don't know. But when you asked me how I felt I just couldn't stop me from telling you everything that went through my mind about the topic and I didn't fell capable of changing from that one topic, as if I only could set that converstion as finished when I had anything more to say- HEY! I ASKED YOU TO NOT ASK ME ANYTHING!"

Ouma looked mad at me, his arms crossed close to his chest.

"I'm sorry, but I had to know what we're dealing with..." I giggled.

The boy smiled once more.

"Haha! I'm not mad at you Amami-chan! Only if you ask for something personal." He said, mixing a glare and a calming expression toghether.

"Well... I can't leave this room and risk to talk to anyone until... I die, I guess."

How could a person say this smiling? Like, HOW?!

"You're not going to die Ouma. We will get you three out of this. Just give us some time-"

"I apreciate you're trying to make it look less depressing, but you can't be that optimistic. Monokuma wouldn't lie about this motive, so the only possibility for the infecteds to be saved is for someone to die instead... Which I hope doesn't happen. Afterall, no one wants to live with the guilt of being responsible for someone's death... And I have some experience in that topic."

Ouma, still smiling, patted my back. I was supposed to be the one conforting him, not otherwise.

"Sometimes you must accept. We are fated to end this way!"

After a few minutes, I was finaly able to reply to Kokichi's statement. I held his shoulders and said, maybe a bit louder than i expected:

"Like I said, you will not die. I'll make sure of it. No one will die."

... Right? I can do this, right? We will be able to stop this disease, right?
Yeah, I wont let three people die this way. There has to be a way out.

"Look Kokichi, I'm leaving now. I'll make sure a certain somone comes here to talk to you."

"No! Don't do it! Pretty pleeeeaaassseee?" He begged, like a kid beggs his mother to have lunch at mcdonalds.

I understand that he doesn't want to talk to anyone, but I can't find a way out of this mess alone.

"I'm sorry, but that's it. Please rest for a while. Your fever isn't going away if you don't" i said, but even though, I don't think the symptoms will get any better.

The boy looked betrayed, staring angryly at the doorway i was at.

I then left and closed the door behind me, heading to Akamatsu's dorm.
I knocked at the door, and as I expected, the one who opened it wasn't the pianist, but the ultimate detective who was visiting her.

"Saihara-kun, I have news" i announced, pulling him from the dorm to the corridor.

"Do you remember that the despair disease may come with side effects, right?"

Shuichi's confused expression changed, his eyes full of concern.

"Wait don't tell me that Ouma...-"

"I think Ouma is facing a hard time to control what comes out of his mouth. But you should see for yourself."