41- One last investigation

Kaede's Pov

After a few seconds after the last person entered Miu's burnt lab, Monokuma showed up behind the now knocked down door, giggling as always.

"Puhuhuhuhu! It seems that finaly one of you decided to leave this academy! Congrats!"

"Is that everything you gotta say?!"
Kaito mumbled, clearly enraged by the scene before us. His closed fists shoke nervously while he looked down, I was truely worried he would jump at Monokuma at any instant and punch him until he breaks.

"Oh? What do you want me to say? Hum.... Oh I see! Well, since this is your last trial and anybody's life is in letal danger, I want this trial to be extra special! This time, I won't be handing you any Monokuma files, so you'll have to find out everything on your own! I wish you luck and see ya later!"

He disappeared in the air. Leaving us eleven staring at the crime scene.

"I guess this is the last one huh?" Kibo stated, saddly looking at me.

"Yeah... Come on guys. One last time. We can leave afterwards. What's done is done, and the only thing we can do now is to bring Ouma some justice." I answered, trying to cheer everybody up, which kind of didn't happen. To be honest I wasn't even expecting for that to work...

Some people blankly nodded. Some people gave sad smiles at the body. Some didn't really care. And some didn't even assimilate yet who was there, dead.

Eventually, people started to get in pairs and investigate the crime scene. I saw Shuichi leaving the room, not even glancing at the body. Was he going to investigate elsewhere? I doubt that. He and Ouma seemed a lot closer than they were in the VR.

I'm sorry Shuichi, but I can't waste any time right now. I'll check on you later, I promise.

Looking around, I see Miu by herself.

"Hey Miu. How are you doing?"

"I'ma fucking kill the mother fucker that this to Kokichi I swear to god." Her expression was serious, something I never thought I would see. Her eyes where focused on mine, tiny little tears starting slowly to fill her eyes, tears that Miu quickly washed off with her sleeve.
"You seem kinda inteligent. Wanna investigate this shit with me or what?" She asked.

"Sure. What do you suggest doing first?"

"And you think I know? Normaly I would just take notes of the crime scene and that's pretty much it." She shrugged.

"Then, lets start by doing that"

I dragged Miu closer to the body, where Kirumi kneeled down, desperatly searching, with no success, for any sign of life by pressing her fingers in the corpse's neck.

The crime scene was pretty simple.
Almost as a frame, a huge metal plate was fixed on the wall. The body was sat against it, with his hands handcuffed by silver, shiny handcuffs, probably Ryoma's, above the corpse's head. The metal bracelets were connected at the plate behind them.

"I haven't seen this in a while..." Miu said, slightly touching the metalic plate with her index finger.

"You know what that is?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's a magnetic surface."

"I see. It explains why the handcuffs are stuck there..."

"It does. And it's really strong, I doubt we can take them off. I found this here, in my lab, once I came here after I 'died'. But it desapeared a long time ago, and whoever took it never put it back. Or they didn't until now."

So this gigant magnet disapeared? There's something fishy here. I should bring this topic up in the trial, that's for sure.

"Is there anything more you want to see here? The smell is making me sick." Miu complained.