5

i got back to my apartment after practice with my housemates, bree & hazel, who also play soccer.

i glanced at my phone as i opened my dinner that i grabbed from the fridge in the trainers room. we get meals from them multiple times a week.

jack: i play at 6 tonight

jack: i hope you can watch

i rolled my eyes, what are the chances of him getting a hat trick?

i googled if he has ever had a hat trick, he hasn't.

"do you guys know jack hughes that plays for the new jersey devils?" i asked, looking up from my phone.

bree & hazel stopped eating and looked at me, "who?"

"jack hughes, he plays hockey."

"thats where you lost me, hockey." bree laughed.

"is he cute?" hazel asked.

"im stalking him right now and he's definitely the best looking of his 2 brothers." bree answered.

"what about him?" hazel asked.

"he slid into my dms."

"oh i gotta look him up now."

bree & hazel started typing on their phones, "girl, did you message him back yet?"

"yeah, we talked last night." i said.

bree gasped, "you do know that he is friends with trevor, right?" showing me a picture of jack & trevor.

"yeah, thats the thing like i dont want to get with jack to make it seem like im getting back at trevor." i said. "i saw trevor the other day."

they turned their head towards me as i got up and walked into the living room to turn the devils game on.

"get back in here." hazel ordered.

i walked back in and sat down, "him & way play each other tonight. i went over to get a salad from ways and trevor was just standing there. so i left and way called me, asking me to go back and talk to trevor so i did and he was like im sorry so i told him that i had an eating disorder because of him and left it at that and came home. sorry doesn't fix what i went through."

"when did jack come into this? because you're now watching him play." hazel asked.

"oh like 4 days ago, he dmed me but i didn't think it was really him. i told kellyn and she said to message him back so i did and we talked for a little and he said that if he gets a goal tonight i owe him my number and if he was a hat trick tonight ill go see him in jersey." i explained.

"what if he kills you?" bree asked, pointing her fork at me.

"so youre saying i should block him?"

"how many goals does he have tonight? if its one, give him waylyns number." bree laughed.

i looked up the score of the game, "...he has two goals and the third period just started."

"i wanna watch this happen." hazel said, standing up with her styrofoam togo box and going to sit on the couch.

bree & i mirrored her actions.

"did you tell way?"

"no, i was scared that he would tell trevor, but kell knows." i said.

we watched the game, as the third period ticked down.

"okay theres a little over 10 minutes left." i said.

in that moment the puck was heading to the attacking zone by one of jacks teammates.

who then passed the puck to jack.

who then shot the puck, getting his first nhl hat trick.

my mouth was wide open, "you're joking."

"starting packing your bags liv." the girls laughed. "you're going to jersey!"

"oh my god."

-

jack: so whens the soonest i can get your in jersey?

liv: in your dreams tonight lol

jack: c'mon baby, i worked hard for those 3 goals

jack: did you watch?

liv: baby?!

liv: watched the third period.

jack: what would you like me to call you?

liv: liv.

jack: livvy?

liv: you know, if thats what your heart desires, go for it.

jack: but my heart also desires to meet you in person

liv: see i would but i watched enough murder documentaries to know better.

jack: december 20 i play carolina, can i meet you then?

liv: you're not going to give up are you?

jack: you say stop and i will. im not going to push you to do this. it's obvious that i want you but if you dont want me, i can get over it.

liv: let me talk to my brother and see of we can meet at his house.

jack: alright, just let me know.

liv: will do

jack: id love to talk to you all night but im quite tired. good night liv parker

liv: night jack hughes