89

i punched in the code to ways house and open the door once it unlocked.

i walked in and set my bag down by the door, my suitcase still in the rental car.

"hello?"

"liv?"

"hey way!" i smiled back, walking over to him.

he turned around and smiled at me, opening up his arms.

"hows my favorite sister?"

i hugged him.

"missing her favorite brother."

"your only brother."

i stepped away from him.

"wheres wyatt?" i asked.

"why is that your first question?" he asked.

"i figured she'd be here."

"it's a rocky relationship right now, ive been meaning to call and talk about it with you but i just figured you have been busy with the season & wedding planning. i know i can talk to mom about it but id rather talk to you." he said.

i sat at the bar stood at the kitchen island.

"way, you know ill always have time to talk. whats going on?"

"ever since we found out the gender, nothing feels right with her." he said. "its just argument after argument over things thats that would be resolved if she could speak nicely to me."

"yea." i spoke softly.

way having 2 sisters, hes no stranger to arguments, but thats sibling thing. we argued a ton as kids and into our early teen years but thats siblings.

way talks to females in the nicest & most respectful way possible. he'd never disrespect or talk bad about a female.

he slid me a glass of sweet tea.

"we got into an argument after we had a meeting with the team manager and shit. her dads pissed because im a player but she didn't know and i didn't know."

"do you 100% believe her that she didn't know you are in her dads players?" i asked.

"thats one of the things we argued about." he said. "her parents are divorced and she lived with her mom during the school years and would visit her dad for like holidays & summers. she went to nebraska, got a communications major yet her communication in all of this is absolute shit."

i let out a small laugh and he eyed me, "continue."

"she told me that she didn't really see her dad very much so she never talked to her dad unless she was with him but her dad makes it seem like they have a really good relationship."

"so why was she in carolina?" i asked.

"her half brothers wedding." he said.

i raised my eye brows.

"yeah. so i had to meet with the management and explain that i didn't know that she had a connection to the team and it could be a lot worse, she could be the head coaches daughter, luckily shes not. when i got home from the meeting i asked her if she knew who i was before the bar and she said yes, she knew of me before getting drunk at the bar."

"she was drunk waylyn?" i asked.

"i was too but we were sober when we did it." he said. "so she said that at the bar she had no idea of who i was til we were-um...fucking that night when we where sober. so the week between meeting and getting married she was over a ton and you know that i never have girls over and i never give out my number but there was something about her and i gave everything to her. hell i paid her back for her flight home to calgary because i wanted her to stay longer after we met, and now she's pregnant."