99

i signed my release forms and watched as jack carried posie in the carseat, while a nurse pushed me in a wheelchair.

the medicine i was on has worn off and im feeling the effect of pushing a 7 pound 8 ounce baby out of my vagina.

i was helped into the passenger seat of the car as jack put posie in the backseat.

we definitely practiced how to get the carseat in and out.

the nurse buckled me up.

"you good to go?" she asked.

i nodded, "yes, thank you!" i said.

"congratulations again! you did so good liv!" she said before shutting my door and walking back into the hospital.

jack got in the driver seat and smiled at me.

"you ready for this new chapter baby?" he asked.

i laced my finger through his, "i am."

posie slept the whole way home as i rested in the passenger seat.

"did you tell our parents that we got released?" i asked, my eyes closed.

"no baby, i think that can wait till we are home safely." he chuckled.

i nodded.

jack pulled into the driveway and into the garage.

"can you get out yourself or do you want some help?"

"i think i got it." i took my time getting out while jack got posie out.

i rounded the front of the car and he stopped and waited for me with a big smile on his face, hold posie in her carseat.

"what?"

"i love you." he said, kissing me.

"i love you too baby." i bent down, "and i love you so much posie girl!"

"shes so perfect." jack said.

"she really is."

as a family of three we walked into the house together for the first time.

"welcome home posie."

he set her carseat on the kitchen island, carefully holding it in place.

shes asleep.

shes home.

shes perfect.

i carefully picked her up from the carseat and held her at my chest.

jack snapped a picture of us.

"let me see her, you go lay down."

"im okay."

"liv baby, you look like you can crash at any second.

"i can."

jack took her from me, "lets go lay down."

we went into the bedroom and i laid on my stomach for the first time in nearly 9 months.

"oh ive missed this." i said.

jack sat next to me, posie asleep on his chest and his hand rubbing my back.

-

its sunday and our parents & siblings are coming over, then this evening some of jacks team mates & wifes are coming over.

our moms walked in the house first, ellen hugged jack and my mom walked to me.

im sitting on the couch with posie against my chest.