78

<>livs pov<>

my mom, sister & i are flying to carolina for the start of the 5 game homestand the canes have.

its our first time leaving the shop in the hands of the employees since we reopened.

the plan is to leave here monday and arrive in boston just in time for the devils game.

hopefully, if i want to go.

i need to go, i need closure and comfort. he's apologized so many times and i haven't said anything.

we got to ways house and he hugged me first.

i know he just wants to protect me from everything people are saying about me online.

he hasn't been asked about it, which im thankful for, but i know he wants to say something that will put a stop it to.

"how are you?

"im doing okay." i said.

i let go and walked into the house, into the guest bedroom my sister & i always share.

i put my bags down and walked into the living room, seeing a big vase of flowers on the kitchen island.

"way?" i said.

he walked in the house behind my mom & sister, a smirk in his face.

"aw, who got you flowers?" kell asked him, seeing what i was pointing at.

"oh, those aren't mine." he shook his head.

he walked to them and plucked the card from the holder, "L.A."

i rolled my eyes, "how does he know im here?"

"maybe because you posted it on your story so he texted me and asked if you where staying here."

"dont give him my location." i said.

i took my card from him and opened it to read, except this time i read it in my head.

L.A.P.,

your name doesn't have all 26 letters in the alphabet, only 10 letters in your 17 letter name, yet i could think of more than 26 reason why i love you, but for now, heres my top 17.

L: love of my life.
I: incredibly intelligent.
V: vases of flowers.
L: laughter.
Y: your confidence.
N: november 1, 2000.

A: athletic.
V: valiant.
E: energetic.
R: random dances.
Y: your knowledge of plants.

P: peonies.
A: always napping.
R: rich on life.
K: kind.
E: education degree.
R: rocking birkenstocks.

love jack.

i put the card back in the envelope and stared at the flowers, realizing how stupid jack is because i cant get these flowers home with me so they will die in ways care.

placing the card on the counter, i picked up the vase, walking to the sink, dumping the water out and pulling the flowers out from the vase.

i opened the trash can with tears in my eyes, took a deep breath before dropping the flowers in to the bag.

"no liv." way said, catching them.

"please way, i came here so maybe i wouldn't have to think about him and the stupid flowers he keeps sending me." i cried.

"ill put them where you cant see them."

"and if you put them in the trash can, i wont see them."

"ill put them in my room or something." he said.

"i hate flowers."

"no you dont, livy." he said, hugging me.

"i hate everything that reminds me of him." i said, into his chest.

"you dont, you're lying to yourself."

"this sucks way."

"i know, it sucks for us too."

"why would he try that?"

"i dont know liv, but i do know he wants to fix it. he wants to talk."

i shook my head and stepped away from him, walking back to my room and throwing myself on the bed.

-

"livlyn." kell sang, waking me up.

"hmm?" i humbled, not wanting to
open my eyes.

"were going to a fancy steakhouse for dinner. for our birthday."

"im in." i said getting up.

i did my hair & make up first, before pulling my pink satin dress one.

kell smiled at me.

"im wearing my purple one."

an hour later we arrived at the fancy restaurant, all dressed to the nines.

"heres to 25." way said, as we cheersed our glasses.

-

jack: happy birthday babe 🩵
sent nov 1 at 12:00am

jack: cant wait to celebrate you!