74

<>jacks pov<>

i looked up into the wag box, looking for liv but was having a hard time finding her.

she isn't here.

shes in massachusetts.

she told me she would be in massachusetts.

we talk talked about this and i said it was okay for her to not be here. she doesn't need to be at every game to show me she loves me.

i know shes at home watching the game.

but i looked anyway.

i still looked for her short blonde hair that was most likely half up half down in a messy bun.

i still looked for her blue eyes to meet mine and tell me good luck from a distance.

but the clock for warm ups hit zero and i sighed, skating off the ice and back down the tunnel to the locker room.

-

"great opening night win, lets keep it rolling guys." coach said. "jack a hat trick & 2 assists. luke 3 assists. nico 3 assist. brat 1 goal 1 assists. what a way to start the season. your wives and girlfriends are in the hallway waiting for you guys. jack, luke, & nico you three have interviews. congratulations again!"

i leaned down to untie my skates as majority of the guys filled out of the room to see their wifes, kids, and girlfriends.

i tossed my jersey into the bin, getting ready to go into interviews.

i was turned looking at my stall as i took my gear off.

"think they'll let me keep this?"

i turned around so fast, im surprised i didn't get whiplash hearing her voice.

liv stood at the bin, holding up the jersey i just tossed in it for cleaning.

her hair blonde hair was half up half down in a bun.

her eyes a sparkling blue.

"when did you get here?" i said, rushing to hug her.

2 weeks without her and ill be taking advantage of having her in my arms tonight.

how i slept without her in my bed for so long, i thought i was going to die.

i miss waking up with her legs on and and her hair in my face.

"like 6 hours ago."

"you didn't tell me?"

i held her hips and looked into her eyes.

"surprise!" she laughed.

"jack, interview room in 5!" a woman yelled.

i kissed her, "go wait in the hallway and ill take you home after, okay?"

she nodded, "fantastic start to the season babe."

i finished changing and walked into the hallway and over to the interview room, my least favorite room in the place.

nico took the first few questions with coach.

"jack, hows livlyn doing after her hospital stay & eating disorder went public?" a reporter asked.

i stared the guy down.

"im here to talk about hockey. my fiancée's life is private information. would you like to ask a question related to hockey?" i asked, trying to not lose my cool.

"i just think the fans would like an update on her, thats all. seems like she messed up your friendship with zegras." he shrugged.

and now im losing it.