98

"blonde hair." the nurse said.

"blonde hair?" jack asked and the nurse nodded.

he looked at me, the biggest smile on my face, "babys got blonde hair like you."

"1 push mom."

i squeezed jacks hand and pushed for what i hope is one final time.

"good job mom! baby girl is here!"

after 16 hours of labor, i heard my baby cry.

"a girl?"

"baby girl." the nurse confirmed. "10:47pm 5/14/27."

jack had tears in his eyes and he leaned down to hug me.

"im so proud of you."

i started crying, tears of joy.

i watched as the nurses cleaned her up and then walked towards me with her.

"here she is mama."

i held out my arms as i was handed my baby girl.

"hi baby."

"we'll give you a minute while i clean things up then we will take her to get a bath & get her height & weight." the nurse said.

"thank you."

"she looks perfect mom."

i looked at jack, tears rolling down my face.

time has stopped.

for now its me, jack, and baby girl.

our families in the waiting room, but they can wait to know that shes here.

-

"okay dad, you ready?" the nurse asked.

"how do i hold her?" he asked, i could see how nervous he was.

the nurse explained that it was perfectly normal for the dad to be nervous to hold their newborn before she demonstrates how too for him.

once she was in his arms he started crying again.

the nurse stepped out, giving us space for jack to do skin to skin.

"hi posie, its daddy."

the pink bow headband on her head is the one jack picked out.

"i've waited so long to meet you and here you are. 10 finger, 10 toes, with your mamas nose and her hair, so perfect." he said.

jack looked up at me and smiled, "look at her, she looks just like you. i got a mini liv."

i smiled, unable to say words because im so tired, plus i want jack to have this moment.

"you're going to grow up to look just like you mama and you'll never ever be able to date. absolutely no dating...maybe when youre 35. ill think about it."

i softly laughed.

he looked up at me.

"thank you."

"what babe?"

"thank you for the best birthday present." he said.

"happy birthday babe." i said.

"posie we share a birthday." he said. "she's smiling."

"she recognizes your voice, all those talks you had with her while she was in my tummy."

"i love you posie." he said to her. "everyones so excited to meet you but we get to have you just to ourselves for a little."

"are they in the waiting room?" i asked, referring to our family.

"yeah, do you want me to go tell them."

"no." i shook my head. "i want to sleep and i want to go home."

"youll be discharged in the morning."

i yawned.

"tell them to go to the hotel."

its past 11pm, weve been here for 17 hours, meaning theyve been here for 17 hours.

"would you like me to text?"

"yeah but dont say its a girl."

we lightly laughed, "youre evil liv."

"they can wait a little longer."

we got a few more minutes alone with posie before she went to the nursery.

a nurse helped me go to the bathroom and then we were cleared to go for a walk to the nursery.

jack pushed the wheelchair, "do you know that i have stitches down there?"

"what?"

"they had to stitch me up jack." i said. "while you were crying, i was getting stitches."

"they had to-no no no that hurts me." he said, completely grossed out.

i lightly laughed.

he stopped in front of the window to the nursery and we looked.

"there she is." i pointed.

"theres our girl!" jack exclaimed.

<>jack pov<>

jack: baby hughes is here!

ellen: aw yay!

tracy: congratulations!

jack: liv wants to go home tomorrow & get situated before anyone meets baby hughes. 16 hours of labor was a lot on both of us. baby is healthy & smiled as i talked. livs tired but is currently using the bathroom. were hoping she's cleared to go for a walk while the babies in the nursery in a little. liv is a trooper & one hell of a woman, i dont think i have that kind of strength. very proud of her & baby hughes!

ellen: we'll be at the hotel if you need us for anything! text us when you 3 are ready!

ellen: love you guys! congratulations!

tracy: tell liv i said i love you 3!

-

devils 26/27

jack: sorry for the late night text but baby hughes is here! 10:47pm 5/14/27. baby is healthy & happy. liv was an absolute trooper during the 16
hours of labor! and im one proud dad & husband!

nico: congratulations jack! cant wait to meet baby hughes! ❤️

dougie: the suspense is killing me! boy or girl?