77

<>jacks pov<>

i sat at the dining room table in the apartment, playing with liv's engagement ring.

the ring i spent weeks picking out.

i had just ordered more flowers to be delivered to livs tomorrow.

as well as the rest of the week.

i hit it the call button on my moms contact.

"hey jacky."

"hey mom." i said, my eyes filling with tears.

"what the matter babe?"

"i messed up."

"is this because of the interview? jack, i know they hit a tough spot but it will blow over." she said.

"its about the interview and liv and...mom." i cried.

"what is it?"

"she gave me her ring back."

"she what?" she questioned.

"i messed up and got mad and mom, i had to watch her give it back."

"what happened? what did you do to her?"

"i put my future before the one we've talked about. i decided what i wanted was more important. she ran mom, she ran away to her friends house here in jersey because i made her feel uncomfortable."

"i dont blame her." she said.

my phone start buzzing and way was calling me.

"hey, livs brother is calling me."

"good luck." she said before hanging up.

i accepted ways call, preparing myself for whatever he was going to say.

"what the fuck did you do?" he immediately asked.

"im sorry."

"youre not fucking sorry because you still did it. you're a piece of shit and i should of told liv to tell you to fuck off when you started talking to her."

i sighed and continued to cry.

"you have until december 15th to fix this because if not, im beating your ass at puck drop that night." way said.

"way, you dont have to be like this." i said.

"i do because when i gave you her hand in marriage i said i trust you with her because i thought you would protect her, not force her to carry your child so a 40 year old media man would know who shes engaged too." way said.

"im fixing this."

"i just had to call my sister and watch her cry because her fiancé tried to do things i trusted him not to do. i didn't think you would be like trevor."

"don't compare me to him."

"don't put your future in front of the future you & her have talked about. dont be some fool and forget what you have with her. shes fucking gold jack not some stupid rhinestone." he said.

"she is." i nodded.

"did you at least apologize?"

"yes, many times. she wont text me back or call me back. theres not much more that i can do besides apologize everyday til i die & send her flowers til im broke." i said.

"i know that she hasn't told me the whole story but im so disappointed in you." he said.

"yeah, i understand." i said, wiping my tears. "im disappointed in myself."

"imagine the backlash you would get if what you tried to do to her gets out."

"i know man. im so sorry." i cried.

"dont pull this shit again, because if you do ill fly to jersey and beat you up at your house. understand?" he said.

"yes."

the call ended and i set my phone down before resting my head on the table and crying.

her ring still in my fingers.

i took it to my room, and walked to the clothes she left her.

i cant even bring myself to ship these back to her, i need them as a remembrance of her.

jack: give me something here babe. tell me you need time or tell me we're done. its hard living like this.

jack: you're the only thing i can focus on