58

"AND THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS WIN THE 2025 STANLEY CUP!" the announcer said.

we threw our helmets and gloves in the air, skating to the goal to celebrate the win.

i hugged luke first.

"we did it bud! we fucking did it!" i said.

-

i skated, looking through the crowd of wags & kids and families that were making their way on the ice to celebrate with us, in front of the fans with the cup.

"jack." she smiled walking up to me.

i picked her up and slowly skated to center ice, where the team had formed a circle, hugging their families.

her face was in my neck, "im so proud of you. you deserve this so much, especially since you just beat anaheim."

i stopped at center ice, "look around babe.

she picked her head up as i placed her feet on the ice and she slowly took in all the home fans cheering.

luke handed me a small red velvet box before backing away.

i got on one knee as she turned around to see me.

she gasped and covered her mouth.

"livlyn avery parker." i smiled.

"jack." she said, her eyes already watering.

"my whole life all ive wanted was to win the stanley, but then i met you and now you're all i want. you make my world spin & my pockets thin, will you marry me livlyn?"

"yes!" she nodded.

i stood up and hugged her as the fans went insane.

my teammates cheering too.

she wrapped her legs around me, "i love you. i cant wait to spend forever with you!"

i kissed her cheek.

"i love you too."

she unwrapped herself and stood on the ice, i could hear my mom coming over.

"liv!" she smiled.

while my mom hugged liv, i hugged tracy.

it didn't even register to me that i was in a room with thousands of other people.

i wasn't even planning on proposing tonight, i planned on waiting til the summer when we go to the hawaii.

after we won game 3, i talked to coach and asked him if it was okay, of course he loved the idea.

i had very little time to prepare the plan. it wasn't until the 2nd intermission that the guys knew. we were up 3-0 going into the 3rd so i had hope in this team, plus with a proposal in the mix that got them fired up and we won 5-0. our assist coach held the ring for me and lukes job was to get it from him and hand it to me. the teams job was to keep center ice cleared.

"congratulations bud, theres no other guy id want her with." way said while hugging me.

i looked at the box in my hand and realized that i never even put the ring on her finger.

she was hugging maddie and i held the box up and started laughing.

she came to me and held her hand out.

i was shaking while sliding it on.

she squealed seeing it.

our moms & her sister where quick to take a look at it.

she hugged me again.

i was handed the cup which i lifted up.

this is a similar feeling to draft day after be announced as the first overall pick.

i handed the cup to my mom first.

she deserves it the most.

she set it down at her feet and pulled me down to kiss my cheek, "im so proud of you jacky!"

"i love you mom, thank you for everything!"

we passed the cup off to luke and i took a second glazing around the area at the fans.

"take it all in babe." liv said, wrapping her arm around my waist.

i pulled my jersey off and placed it on her.

"here you go...livlyn hughes." i smirked.

<>trevors pov<>

losing any game sucks.

but losing the stanley cup in 4 games is a different kind of heartbreak.

i went to the lockerroom with my team after the trophy presentation, the silence was loud.

i wanted to see jack with the cup though.

thats what best friends do, we celebrate the other one even when we just lost so bad.

i walked back down the tunnel and looked out to the ice while sitting on the bench.

just in time for the wags & families to go congratulate their player.

jack hugged liv and skated to center ice while his teammates stood in a circle.

i didn't think my heart could shatter more but it did as he got on one knee.

i shook my head and turned around walking back in the lockerroom.

out of all the times he could of proposed, it had to be here.

i lost a stanley cup & a best friend on the same day.

i kept my head low as i changed out of my gear and we loaded the bus to go to the airport.

not only will i see jacks face all over social media with the cup, but ill also see the proposal of the year all over social media.