22

"bye, love you." i said to jack before he left with his dad & brothers to go golf.

"love you too, have fun." he said back.

ellen & i are going shopping today and getting lunch, while the boys
golf.

"ready liv?"

"yeah." i answered.

i followed her out to her car & got in the passenger seat.

"jack said that you own a boutique?"

"yes maam, well my sister and i."

"thats so fun."

"i really enjoy it."

"why did you decide to open a shop together?" she asked while driving.

"we always loved making things & designing things. we started with handmade earrings in junior high & we sold hundreds. then we did bracelets & necklaces and sold hundreds more, probably thousands. with way playing for hockey teams we wanted cute shirts for his games but its hard to find what we wanted so we designed one and it took off from there. we saw that the building was for sale & decided to take the risk & were very thankful that we did."

"i think thats so fun. do you like working with your sister? im sure there's negatives too but." she laughed.

"we really enjoy it, we do have our moments, we're siblings. im sure luke & jack will have their moments living together this season." i said.

"yeah. i just feel bad for quinn. we got 1 on one side of north america & 2 on the other."

"you guys did get lucky with 2 of them being on the same team."

"that we did." she smiled.

"so what do you think of jack?" she asked.

"he's great. what'd he tell you about me?" i asked.

"oh, just that he's in love with you."

i blushed, "of course he did. i swear thats all he ever talks about."

"when he came home last week, he was just smiling at his phone & i know that he never smiles at trevors text or coles text," she laughed, not knowing that trevor is my ex. "so i knew it had to be a girl."

"he's definitely the first guy that i dated that truly cares & puts in a ton of effort. like he-i dont know how to describe it but, you did an amazing job raising him." i told her.

she smiled.

"he was very worried that you wouldn't want to date or continue being friends after quinn & trevor showed up to the shop. which i will tell you, i got onto quinn about that, i raised him so much better than that liv! i didn't even know that he went to your graduation til last week."

"why didn't he tell you?" i asked.

"im wondering the same thing!that kid tells me everything."

i shook my head, "hes a great kid though, like i said, you did an amazing job raising him."

"thank you." she smiled.

"he's a great kid and he loves you a lot. he gets a smiley and goofy around you, its good to see him like that. he was very adamant about getting you here."

"oh i know. im pretty sure he mentioned me coming to michigan the first time we met in person."

"this is the earliest we've met a girl of his so, you're pretty special to him." she smiled.

-

i sat on the couch at the hughes house after shopping & eating lunch with ellen, when the door opened.