54

*chapter contains talks of eating disorder. if you're struggling with an eating disorder, please call 988 or text NEDA to 741741 to be connected with a counselor. national alliance for eating disorders monday-friday 9am-7pm EST at 866-662-1235. call the anorexia hotline at 1-888-375-7767. plus there are lots more options for calling & texting out there too! if chapter needs to be skipped, i understand.*

-

"can you tell me what happened?" jack asked.

i stared at the wall.

the wall by my bathroom.

the yellow wall with all the pictures of everyone i love.

kellyn added pictures to it, since its the only place ill look at.

i need to talk. jack canceled his all star break vacation to come here.

im still in the slump but im talking more & eating a little more.

i swallowed the lump in my throat.

"he lied."

"who lied?" he asked, rubbing my back.

"trevor lied."

"what else can you tell me?"

"theres a picture of him." i said.

"where?"

"on the wall."

"which one?" he questioned, looking at the wall.

"no i cant bring myself to remove it."

"where is it liv?" he asked.

"i said dont move it!" i snapped.

i was taken back by the force in my voice, thats the loudest i've talked in weeks.

i started crying.

"talk to me babe."

"its the only picture i have of him left. its from the night we met and i loved that night. i got to go see way for the first time at the program. it was the first time that life felt normal since he left for michigan." i explained.

i was out of breath.

feeling weak & tired.

"so after that picture was taken, he lied?"

"multiple times. he keeps on lying." i said, my gaze on the wall.

"go on." he said softly.

"he never loved me but i loved him, so i did everything i could to please him."

"how does this connect to why you stopped eating?"

"he told you i was cheating while we where at the beach and when him & i dated he said i could never cheat because of my weight. he always talked about my weight. he wondered how i played college sports, d1 college sports. so i never ate around him. when i was with you and i dont think about him, he doesnt exist but as soon as im not with you, trevor fills my mind. i see him everywhere; instagram, twitter, memories. its like some curse i guess. and thats the only picture of a good memory."

"so why are you so focused on it?" he asked.

"to try and remove all the bad memories from my head. i want him to be friends with you & way but its so hard. and your fans...they found out."

"that you dated trevor?"

"yeah." i said. "they're calling me a puck bunny. im getting dms."

"oh." i sighed.

my heart broke for her.

getting hate messages from people she doesn't even know all because she dated trevor & now shes dating me.

<>jacks pov<>

i went downstairs after liv fell asleep and found her mom & siblings in the living rooms.

they all looked at me.

"its a picture."

"a picture?" kellyn sat up.

"theres a picture of trevor on her wall from the first night they met. she cant bring herself to remove it. she said theres all these bad memories with him and that picture is one of the few good ones. she wants me & way to be friends with trevor still but trevor keeps lying to her." i explained.

"are you serious?" way asked.

"she finally told me before she took a nap."

kell stood up, "i need to go see the picture myself. i literally added pictures to the wall, how'd i miss it?"

we all sneaked up to her room and looked at the wall.

"it has to be over here." kell whispered and pointed to a general area.

we all bent down and looked.

way pointed, "that one. that was the night they met. i remember so well." he said when he saw it. "i forgot about that night but that we a good night. a good weekend."

we all left her room and went back to the living room.

"she met trevor and was just head over heals for him." way explained.

"they both were at that point." kell said.

"they sat by eachother at meals, he signed her team usa jersey first. that was the night i knew i didn't want trevor dating my sister but i saw how fast they hit it off so i kind of just brushed it off."

"this whole time, its been a picture. how did we not know that?" tracy said.

"well there is something else. my fans found out that she dated trevor so they started calling her a puck bunny."

"those bitches!" kellyn spit in disgust.

tracy cackled.

"so essentially this is trevors fault?"

i looked at tracy, "did she tell you that trevors called her to tell her that im cheating, plus hes called me to tell me that liv wants to get back with him and she doesn't know how to tell me."

"she didn't! thats what this is." she sighed, running her hands down her face.

"she told me." kell said.

"jack?" i heard.

i smiled and stood up, "id love to chat more but im being summoned."

i went back to her room.

"hi babe."

she lifted her blanket up and i crawled in next to her.

she hugged my body.

"i love you."

i kissed her forehead, "i love you too babe."