It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog

[Scene: Dr. Eggman's Lair, day]

Dr. Eggman is sitting at a round table with a group of other villains.

T. W. Barker: Dr. Eggman, why did you call us here?

Dr. Eggman: All will be revealed in due time, my friends. We're still waiting on one more arrival.

Dave: But I have a noon shift at Meh burger If I'm late, I'll never get that raise to minimum wage.

There are mumbles of agreement around the table.

Dr. Eggman: Fine, fine. We'll get started. In this room, I've gathered a rogue's gallery of the most vile, nefarious, repungmalevolent evildoers--

Charlie: Repungmalevolent? Is that a word?

Dr. Eggman: It didn't need to be until we had so much evil inside this one room! Anyway, you're all here because we all have something in common.

Willy: A love of fine cheeses?

Dr. Eggman: Well, yes, but besides that, we all share a mutual enemy: Sonic the Hedgehog, and his rodent friends! We must stop them before they destroy us all!

[Scene Change: Amy's House]

Amy: Thanks for helping me put together my Björnvaalden bookcase. I got it from that foreign build your own furniture store!

Tails: (looking at the small box) That's it?

Amy: Ah, you'd be surprised at how much they can fit in one little box!

Sonic opens the box, and the contents fly out, burying Sonic, Y/n, Tails, and Knuckles.

[Scene Change: Eggman's Lair]

Willy: Mm-mm! This are some fine cheeses!

T. W. Barker: But where are the crackers?

Dr. Eggman: (holding a cheese tray) I wanted everything to be perfect! Keep calm, everyone. I'll send Orbot out to the store. Whew! Crisis averted.

???: So this is why you called me here... 

They turn to see a black and red hedgehog. 

Dr. Eggman: [gasps and drops his tray] Shadow the Hedgehog! Hey everybody, look! Shadow's here! I knew springing for those embossed invitations would impress!

Weasel Bandit: Who's he?

Dr. Eggman: He's only the second most popular character in the whole canon! (ahems) Let me get you a chair, Mr. Shadow!

Doctor Eggman pulls the chair out from under Dave the Intern, sending him crashing to the floor. He then pushes the chair over to Shadow

Shadow: Hm. I prefer to stand.

Dr. Eggman: Of course. You rogue, you! I like standing, too! Everyone, on your feet! [everyone elsestands up with groans] Where were we? I'll just start at the beginning.

Scene Change: Amy's House

Sonic, Y/n, Tails, and Knuckles are looking at the directions for the bookshelf.

Tails: There are no words. Just pictures.

Knuckles: Just like the novel I'm writing! [pulls the directions away and looks closer] Hmm... the plot's there, but the characters are all over the place.

[Scene Change: Eggman's Lair]

Dr. Eggman: And so, with my superior leadership, and your blind loyalty, we'll finally be rid of those meddling muskrats!