In the Midnight Hour

Scene: Hedgehog Village, night.]

[Sticks is covered in paint and kicking and punching something, making karate calls. It's revealed that she was attacking a canvas, which now has a picture painted on it.

Sticks: Sticks, you are a mixed martial artist. [She picks up the canvas and stares at it.] Don't lie to me, me; this thing stinks! [She tosses the canvas away.]

Sticks hears a strange sound, and when she looks in the direction of the sound, there's an eerie, cloaked figure levitating beside a television antenna. Sticks silently creeps up to it, but the figure looks at her; its eyes are red, hypnotic swirls.

Sticks: Ahhh! [She runs away, scared.]

[Scene Change: Sonic's Shack, night.]

Sonic and Y/n are sleeping in Sonic's hammock when Sticks comes up to them.

Sticks: Sonic! Y/n! Wake up!

Sonic: [mumbling in his sleep] What'd you say, sugarplum?

Sticks: Don't call me "sugar plum"; I'm not Y/n! 

She grabs Sonic by his nose, and he wakes up. The sudden Violent shift causes Y/n to wake up.

Sonic: Sticks?! What are you doing?! Unhand my face!

Y/n:[tiredly] Stop Yelling!

Sticks: You've gotta come with me to the TV studio; there's a red-eyed prowler up to no good!

Sonic: But I was right in the middle of a really sweet dream. I was dancing with sugar plums! [He smiles and holds up one hand, but then he stares at the viewer.] You know, when I say it out loud, I kinda regret having said it out loud.

Sticks grabs their hands and drags them out of the shack.

Y/n:[groans tiredly] Why does my back hurt so much? 

Sonic: I'll tell you later.

[Scene Change: Hedgehog Village, night.]

Sonic, Y/n and Sticks arrive at the TV studio, but the couple is still sleepy; they yawns as Sticks looks around.

Sticks: But I saw him with my own two eyes! I smelled him with my nose! I smorfed him with my sixth sense!

Sonic: We are going back to bed. 

The couple walk away, leaving Sticks on her own.

Sticks: That's the trouble with being a paranoid kook; when something really is going on, no one believes you! You can say that again. I know, right?

[Scene Change: Meh Burger, day.]

Team Sonic is having a meal in there and Sticks has just explained the whole story to the others.

Amy: And you saw him by yourself all night in the empty Village Center while finger painting?

Sticks: It's called Jujutsu Realism, and it is the purest form for expressing the depths of my soul. Plus, I found forty paint cans in my burrow and couldn't find anything else to do with them.[Yawns]

Knuckles: Tired, huh? Not me. I slept like a baby last night! No really. An abandon crib washed up on the beach.

Tails: You know, Sticks, sleep deprivation has been linked to an increase in delusional behavior.

Sticks: That can't be it. I never sleep. But I'm telling ya, there's something fishy going on at that station and I'm gonna prove it.

Y/n leans her head on her husbands shoulder and closes her eyes slowly falling alseep.