Robots From The Sky pt3

Scene: Morristown, day]

We continue where the previous episode left off, with Sonic and Tails arriving in Morristown and walking out of the spaceship, only to find the place in ruin.

Sonic: I think Mighton and Bolts might have been a little generous with their use of the word "utopia".

Tails: This place looks more depressing than Comedy Chimp's holiday special the year his wife left him.

Sonic: Alright. This entire operation hinges on nobody noticing we're here.

Sonic steps onto the Morristown platform, which turns out to be an invisible laser; an alarm sounds as he steps back onto the spaceship ramp

Sonic: ...So much for that.

Robot: Carbon-based lifeforms detected!

Several robots turn up after the alarm sounds. Tails investigates the malware on each robot.

Tails: These guys are infected too! They're probably just innocent Morristown civilians. Better not destroy them.

The robots attack Sonic with their lasers.

Robot: They're not fighting back! They must be afraid of our superior power and intellect.

Sonic: You sure we can't destroy them?

Sonic and Tails dodge another laser.

Sonic: Come on. This way!

Sonic and Tails hurry towards an entrance to a corridor with the robots chasing them. They eventually come across a dead end, and look back at the robots coming for them. They hear a voice coming out of the chute.

Bolts: Over here!

Tails: Oh, thank goodness. A stranger in a dark alley!

Bolts drags both Sonic and Tails into the chute with his long arms, and closes the chute behind them. Sonic and Tails fall and land into another room, soon to be followed by robots.

Sonic: Stay back!

The robots prepare to attack, but hear Mighton in the distance.

Mighton: Stand down, troops! These two are allies.

Sonic: Mighton, Bolts, are we glad to see you? [holds his hand up for a high-five]

Mighton: No time for pleasantries.

Sonic awaits a high-five.

Mighton: I ain't no frat boy and this ain't no ice cream social.

Sonic: What kind of weak frat party are you going to?

Bolts: You have to forgive Mighton. He's been under a lot of stress ever since he was made leader of the Robot Resistannce.

Mighton: I ain't gonna sugarcoat it. We're really in a soup.

Sonic: Who sugarcoats soup?

Mighton: A surface bot has taken over Morristown, projecting a viral signal for miles in every direction.

Tails: Which is why the robots on the ground are infected.

Bolts: We're safe here, but once we leave this bunker's lead-lined walls...

Mighton: Our brains will be so scrambled you can serve them with hotcakes and a cup of joe for $5.99.