Chapter Five - My Feeble Mind

"Chat, if you could go anywhere in this world, where would it be?" I ask as we sit on the ledge of the Eiffel Tower, probably having been here for at least half an hour. I think of my family and Tikki back at home. If they were to notice me missing they would totally freak out. I'm sure I'd see tons of police lights if that were the case.

I fiddle with my dress, feeling the cool breeze start to get to me a little. A sad reminder of the summer slowly fading away, the nights getting just a tad colder than before. I wish summer could last a little longer.

"I honestly don't know. I think I'd like to go wherever my friends would want. If I could have one true vacation away, I'd be happy to go wherever." He leans into me, resting the side of his head on mine. "Want to go on a vacation with me? Is that why you're asking?"

"Ha ha, very funny." I giggle, shoving him off of me. He feigns hurt, clutching his hand on his chest. "If I could, I'd pack you up and bring you with me everywhere. But I guess you're stuck in Paris, huh?"

"I suppose so, for as long as I can be at least. I never intend to stop being Chat Noir. I guess I'll go wherever my Miraculous take's me."

"It's shameful for me to hope theres always a villain in Paris for you to fight. If you were to have to give up your Miraculous, would you tell others who you are behind that mask?" I know I'm reaching territory that I shouldn't be, and if he gives away too much information he could accidentally reveal his identity.

After all of these years, I think it's time I start to trust him to not be so reckless. Chat isn't an idiot, he wouldn't give anyone information that could possibly track back to his civilian self.

"I don't think so, no. I wouldn't want the attention that would come with it. I also wouldn't want to ruin my chance of ever being Chat Noir again. So, to definitively answer your question, no. I wouldn't tell people."

"Would you tell Ladybug?" I ask, and he sits there quietly, clearly thinking this over. He scratches the back of his neck in a fashion that's just so familiar. A loud noise rings out, making us both jump. I gasp, scrambling to my feet. My heart stops and within just a moment I'm screaming, dangling from the Eiffel Tower. Strong hands grip my right arm, and my eyes lock with a pair of very panicked green eyes.

"Marinette! Grab onto my arm!" Chat yells, and so with my left hand I reach up and grip onto his wrists as he grunts, pulling me back up onto the platform. We tumble over, our breathing rapid and erratic. Oh my god, oh my god. I would have died, I don't have Tikki with me. That was so close.

"Chat... Thank you." I huff, staring at the sky. He's still holding onto my hand, and the loud noises ring in the air again. It's freaking fireworks. I got scared and almost died over fireworks off in the distance. "I-I thought it was an Akuma. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, all that matters is you're fine. That... That was startling." He says quietly, and I nod my head. "Yeah, tell me about it." I mutter, squeezing his hand. He tightens his grip in return, an acknowledgement of my gratitude.

The fireworks start getting even more wild, nothing nice to watch by any means. In fact, it almost looks like it's being aimed at different buildings. What the hell is going on?

"It is an Akuma." Chat says, jumping up quick and pulling me to my feet. I look around but I don't see anyone.

"How do you know?" I do my best to see what's going on, but I can't see anything besides the obnoxious fireworks display.

"I can just tell. There is clearly nothing normal about whats going on there. Plus, there are police lights heading towards where the Akuma is setting off all those fireworks." He points towards the lights and I realize I didn't even notice them. He grabs onto me and pulls me close. "Brace yourself, I'll get you to safety."