Chapter Thirty Five - Winner Takes It All: Part One | Viperion's POV

VIPERION'S POV
Contents of this chapter may be unsuitable for some readers. Mentions of blood, death and trauma. Reader's discretion is advised.

The call for help comes through the earpiece, making everyone in the room leap into action. Transforming into Viperion, I glance down at my wrist. When should I set the time?

I should take a peek and then set the time after I evaluate the situation.

Rushing downstairs, it doesn't take long to see the fight before us. Chat Noir and Hawkmoth are consistently going after each other, as Ladybug ushers Felix out of the room.

I quickly set the time, hiding off in the corner so I can reset whenever needed.

"Queen Bee, Carapace, move in." I call through the ear piece, watching the two advance into battle.

"Stay out of this! I've got this!" Chat Noir calls, glaring at the two as they approach quickly.

Rena Rouge rushes down into the fight, despite not being told to. "Rena, fall back!" I call out, but she ignores me. When Hawkmoth grabs her by the hair, he uses his staff to ward off Queen Bee.

The moment we all had a feeling would happen plays out before my eyes. Instead of protecting Queen Bee, Carapace shrieks as he puts a protective bubble around Rena Rouge.

In the matter of seconds, I'm watching in horror as Hawkmoth slams his staff into the side of Chloe's head. She falls limp, crumbling to the ground as someone screams.

Ladybug rushes to her side, but I quickly reset time.

"Queen Bee, Carapace, move in." I call through the ear piece, watching the two advance into battle. I ignore the odd feeling of Deja vú, knowing this is a strange sensation you get used to eventually.

"Stay out of this! I've got this!" Chat Noir calls, glaring at the two as they approach quickly.

I leap into action, stopping Rena from running down the stairs.

"Stop!" I demand, hearing a commotion from behind me. Turning quickly, Ladybug's scream highlights the panic and horror in me.

Chloe has been hit in the head again. Carapace still didn't protect her in time.

I reset again, but nothing seems to make things go my way. It doesn't matter how I get involved, the outcome is always the same. Resetting time over and over again, I'm unable to even think clearly.

All I can see is Chloe's limp body, the blood everywhere as she falls to the ground. The only sound repeating over and over in my head is the horrendous crack of her skull when the staff connects with her, and the scream Ladybug lets out each time.

I've lost count on how many times I've reset everything.

"Chloe!" The scream rips from my throat, unable to stop myself from losing my mind. Suddenly, she ducks fast, avoiding the hit to her head.

Chaos ensues, but Chloe backs up quickly. I jump down, my limbs moving on their own volition as I yank her away from everything and into my arms.

"Stay back! Please!" I cry out, her wide eyes meeting mine when she pulls back.

"I die?" She whispers, and I nod my head. I have no idea how she figured it out, but she did.