BONUS CHAPTER - TWO: I Need Her |POV: Felix Fathom

This scene takes place when Felix first arrives in Paris, in Chapter Thirty One: The Most Unlikely Of Allies

I notice Kagami the moment I step into the room full of heroes plotting to take down my Uncle.

In all honesty, when I heard the news I wasn't the least bit surprised. Uncle Gabriel is an asshole.

I was surprised, however, by my mother's insistence that I stay home and out of this matter. Normally, in the events of something tragic in our family, which is oddly quite often, she forces Adrien and I to spend time together.

I always act like it's such a nuisance, but really, I wish I could see him every day. He's like the brother I always wish I had.

Except poor Adrien is so terribly naive. I have to be harsh on him, and teach him the life lessons no one else is. Not only that, but it's just not my personality to be nice to everyone. Im not a soft person.

I've spent years being refined into the picture perfect son, meant to be smarter and better than anyone else.

I have no choice but to keep everyone at an arm's length. Look at what happens to those who get close to me. Or this cursed family.

However, there's something about Kagami that demands my attention. Maybe it's the way she's so cold to everyone around her, but yet they still love her anyways.

She's a good person, from what I've heard. And she's as beautiful as I'd expect someone of her popularity to be. She's also extremely smart.

The way she's glaring at me, I know she see's right through my facade.

I flew here anyways, despite my mother's refusal. As of right now, she think's I'm at home studying for midterms.

Knowing her, she won't even notice im not there. She loves me dearly, but she's very goal oriented. And by that, I mean she's very narrow minded once she has her eyes set on something.

It's partially why I came here, to figure out what she's up to. Then Adrien told me he needs me to pose as him.

It's a win-win. I stay here undetected, and he gets to throw everyone off his trail.

He didn't tell me he's Chat Noir, but I've pieced it together already. When I asked, he didn't bother to hide it.

I won't let him down.

When the room breaks out into a fight, I use the opportunity to take a peak at Kagami. Only to find her glaring at me like I personally kicked her puppy.

Never one to back down from a challenge, I offer her a dry smile. Her top lip curls up in disgust, and honestly? It's cute.

Cute? When the hell did I start using words like cute?

I'm so focused on my staring contest with Kagami, that I don't notice the devil reincarnate that just waltzed in.

"Adrikinz!" The high pitched voice I can't stand squeals and rushes towards me like I'm the only one with a spare oxygen tank and the room is flooding. She throws her arms around me, and it takes every bit of will power not to shove her off.

I'm Adrien right now, I need to do what Adrien would do. I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her in for a tight hug. Every fibre of my being feels disgusted, Chloe always sets me into fight or flight mode.

She's not my cup of tea, that's for sure.

"I'm so glad you're safe. And I'm really sorry about your father. I'm here to help, don't you worry about a thing." She gushes, but I mostly tune her out as I focus on giving her my perfected imitation of Adrien's smile.