BONUS CHAPTER - SIX: Till Death Do Us Part | POV: Marinette Dupain-Cheng

I stare at my dress, carefully created by my own hands. I had chosen the fabrics, measured out each piece, cut and stitched everything together. I didn't even use a sewing machine, as I wanted complete control over every stitch that I worked into this masterpiece.

It's long, trailing a little behind me when I walk. White, of course, but I added black and red jewels throughout the body and draped shoulder sleeves to help add a little personal touch to it. I wanted people to look at my dress and know without a doubt, it was made for me by me.

Putting it on, I can't help the tears that that threaten to stream down my face. It's not only beautiful, but I am too. I look like a Princess, with my hair in a beautiful braided updo, my makeup done, and my dress perfectly wrapped around my body with the long bejewelled cape-like shoulder sleeves that drape over and down my back, trailing behind me when I walk almost like wings.

The corset style bodice makes me look curvier than I really am, and the dress flares out at the waist into a beautiful ball gown. The gown from my waist downwards is purely white, with little hits of small white jewels throughout that will make me look like I'm sparkling when the light hits it. I even added a springy white petticoat underneath the layers of fabric to help my dress stay perfectly flared out around me. Despite this, it's not stiff enough to hinder my closeness to Adrien throughout the ceremony. I used a test dress to ensure that the petticoat and several layers of fabric wouldn't get in the way of our vows, first kiss as a married couple, and obviously dancing afterwards.

"Marinette! I'm coming in!" Alya calls out, barging into the room seconds later. When her eyes land on me, she gasps and covers her mouth with her hands, tears welling up in her eyes. "Oh my god! You're so- you're so gorgeous!"

"Thanks, I feel pretty."

"You're more than pretty, girl. You're every child's dream, the beautiful gown, the stunning complexion, the makeup, the hair, the love in your eyes. You resemble everything that a princess is believed to be."

"Oh, stop it." I laugh out, waving my hand in the air at her nonsense. "You're giving me too much credit. Though I do feel beautiful, I wouldn't go as far as to say all of that. Plus, I'm stressed out beyond imagination. I hate that everything is being rushed, it all feels out of my control. I want today to be the exact definition of perfect."

"You know what will make it perfect?" Alya approaches, hands reaching out to grab my sheer white veil, helping to attach it to my hair and drape it over my face. "By choosing to give up the idea of what is perfect. Today is meant to be about uniting you and Adrien in holy matrimony. There is always going to be stuff beyond your control, in everything you do. Relish in the fact you are surrounded by people you love. It doesn't have to be picture perfect to be wonderful. Today isn't about the people who are coming, or the food we'll eat, or the songs we'll dance to, or even the pictures we take. It's about you and Adrien, living in the moment, choosing each other to be partners for life."

I sniffle up the snot threatening to run down my face, and the tears that want to destroy the makeup that took hours to do. She's right, today isn't meant to be some huge display for everyone else. It's about my husband and I. It's about my little bean growing in my tummy, and the family we're going to be.

"Alya, I love you so much. You've always been the most amazing friend in the whole wide world. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Duh, I have to up the standards every day for what you consider to be best friend material so that no one can ever even think about replacing me."

"No one ever could." I cup her face, squishing her cheeks in my grasp. She laughs, swatting me away. She's wearing a light blue dress that hugs her curves beautifully, accentuating her hips and breasts. Alya is every bit the stunning Goddess she's always been, something Nino tells me frequently he's flabbergasted she's stayed with him throughout all these years. Though, Nino has aged very well might I add.