Chapter Nineteen - Two Halves of the Same Heart

"Do you have to go?" I whine, pulling Chat closer to prevent him for slipping away.

"I've been here for hours, Princess. I can't get caught having snuck out." He grins, thumb caressing my cheek.

"How will I know when you'll come by again? I was really worried about you these last few weeks." I admit, feeling my cheeks burn. After the romantic evening we've had, just kissing and talking, you would think admitting that I've thought about him wouldn't be so embarrassing.

"I thought about that, and I've come up with a perfect solution. I'm going to make an Instagram account with some long weird name that only you will know. We don't have to follow each other, just keep an eye out for a message request from me."

I smile, the idea is almost fool proof. No one would find it suspicious because we wouldn't be following each other, but we could use it to communicate still. It's actually genius.

How did I never think of this?

"What are you going to make your username?" I beam up at him, toying with the ends of his cute shaggy blond hair.

"Uhhh, maybe something long and silly. Something no one else would use to reach out to you with." After a few beats of silence, he chuckles. "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt."

I burst out laughing, "his name was my name too!"

Chat Noir smiles, singing the next line, "and whenever we go out, the people always shout-"

"There goes John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt!" We both finish, laughing like maniacs.

"Perfect idea. You're kind of smart, huh?" I tease him as he takes a dramatic bow.

"I'm a lot of things." He smirks, winking at me in a gut wrenchingly adorable way.

"Egotistical is one of them."

"I prefer the term endearing." He leans in, pecking my cheek with his soft lips. I giggle, shoving him back, ignoring my brain screaming at my to pull him closer.

"Well, Mr. Endearing, I look forward to your messages." He smiles as I say this, pulling me in for one last quick kiss before heading out.

"Talk to you later, Princess." He takes off without another moments of hesitation, making me flop down on my bed with a dramatic sigh.

That was the most happy and carefree that I've felt in such a long time.

"Marinette! You're so in love with him!" Tikki's voice interrupts my lovey-daze, making me realize how I was just swooning for Chat Noir.

"I-I am not! No one is saying anything about love right now. I'm just, uh, just having some fun. I'm allowed to have some fun." I defend myself, carefully hiding my embarrassed face from my little Kwami.

"Fun is fine, Marinette. I just don't want to see my favourite holder get hurt. You've been so sad lately." She nuzzles up to me, her sincerity making my heart happy.

"I know Tikki, I'm sorry. Thank you for always looking out for me. Want something to eat? I'm starving." Tikki eagerly nods her head so I hop out of bed and prepare for the long night ahead.

After my long nap and all that time with Chat Noir, I doubt I'll be getting a good night sleep.

Especially knowing I have a lunch date with Adrien tomorrow.

Goodness gracious, when did everything become so complicated? Even the one constant in my life, my love for Adrien, is confusing me.

I suppose only time will tell.