BONUS CHAPTER - ONE: With Tear Stained Cheeks | POV: Chloe Bourgeois

This scene takes place when Luka attempts to recruit Chloe, during Chapter Thirty - In The Eye of the Hurricane.

I walk into my room, flopping down on my bed as I curl up with Mr Teddy. I've been watching the news all night. Knowing Adrien is safe is relieving but they're suspecting his father to be Hawkmoth.

It's not fair. He doesn't deserve this. Of everyone I know, Adrien is genuinely a good person with a pure heart. I can't understand why the worst things always happen to the best people.

And the best things happen to the worst.

I stare at everything I have, and none of it I ever did anything to deserve. I'm an awful person, truly. Yet still, I get everything I ask for.

Everything except a full family and the boy I want.

If I start letting people in, they'll see me for what I really am. A loser, who is scared of never being loved.

I have to act like I'm the best, always. Because I'm actually terrible. If people think of me as just some narcissist who believes she's superior than everyone else, they won't see that I'm actually the opposite. I'd rather be hated for being rude, than hated for being a wimpy loser.

No. None of this is true. I am better than everyone else. And I don't need anyone.

I hold onto those thoughts as I drift asleep, reminding myself over and over that I'm the only person I need.

——-
I wake up to the sound of a click. Slowly peeling my eyes open, I look around my dimly lit room. What was that click noise?

I grab my glass of water off my night stand, taking multiple big gulps. Suddenly, I see a figure move in the corner of my vision.

I gasp, dropping my drink and grabbing my lamp. I wield it like a weapon, shining the light directly at the culprit.

It's an extremely attractive boy dressed all in blue, with a blue mask covering his eyes.

"Don't freak out." He hushes, making me glare daggers at the strange guy. He's certainly a Miraculous Holder, I just can't remember his name.

"Don't freak out? You broke into my room!" I whisper-yell at him, giving him my best are-you-stupid face.

"Touché." He nods, realizing my panic is fully warranted. "I need to give you a message, that's why." As if breaking into someone's room is easily justifiable? I feel a wave of insecurity as he eyes me up and down. "Are you okay?"

I check the mirror, seeing my smudged mascara all over my cheeks from crying earlier.

Oh my god, this can't be happening. Not only is there some mysterious hot guy in my room, but right after I cried my eyes out?

This is ridiculous.

"I'm fine." I snap, putting my lamp down as I go to turn my bedroom light on. I move cautiously, not wanting to get close to him.

He steps in my way, making me stumble back to avoid contact with him.

"What do you want? Who even are you?" I hiss out, watching him run a hand through his hair. God, he's attractive. He's so different from Adrien, not someone I would have ever considered my type.

"My name is Viperion. I'm here on behalf of Ladybug, to give you a message. Please meet us tomorrow at the Agreste mansion-"

"Are you joking? I don't take second hand orders from losers. Plus, who the hell even are you? I'm not waltzing into the enemy's lair just because some guy showed up claiming to be with Ladybug."

"She sent me-"

"I don't trust you. At all. Everyone know's I'm Queen Bee." I retort, crossing my arms over my chest. He lets out an exasperated sigh. "Anyone could waltz in here and give me directions on Ladybug's behalf. If she wants me, she can tell me herself."

"I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear this." He deadpans, though his eyes look a lot more gentle than I'd expect. "In all actuality, are you okay? You look like you've had a rough night."

"I haven't. Stop prying into business that has nothing to do with you." I shoot back, hating how this stranger has the audacity to point out I'm weak.

"You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to. But if you need someone to talk to, I'll listen." He smiles softly, making my anger falter ever so slightly.

He's not genuine, he's mocking me. I can feel it. No matter how sweet his smile is, or how gentle his eyes are, or how kind he speaks, he's using this to make me lower my guard and then he'll tell everyone I'm a pathetic loser.

"I don't need anyone. Now get out of my room, or so help me I'll scream."

"You know, Chloe, I don't think you're as mean as you try to be. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'm not going to the Agreste-"

"You'll be there." He states coolly, walking towards my bedroom door with a grin.

"I said, I'm not going!" I huff out, stomping my foot like a literal child. Definitely not my most proud moment.

"Oh, on the contrary, Your Royal Highness. I think you will be." With one last frustratingly beautiful smile, he slips out the door.

I hate people like him! Who go around and act like they're so much better than everyone else.

The irony of that does not miss me one bit.

I'm not showing up no where, no matter how intrigued I may be. If Ladybug wants me, she'll get me herself.

I'm certainly not taking orders from pretty snake boy ever. Never, ever, ever.

I plop back in bed, but that dumb hero never leaves my mind. Screw him. He sucks anyways.

Stupid pretty boy.