Chapter Eighteen - Things We Shouldn't Do but We Did Anyways

His lips press against mine, and it's not timid or shy like when he kissed me in front of the reporters. It's passionate, sending sparks throughout me.

His lips work in perfect tandem with my own, his hands gripping my waist desperately, like he's afraid if he lets go of me I'll drift away. I'm overwhelmed with all the sensations of his kiss and touch. His taste both sweet and minty on my tongue and his scent of soap and something floral filling my nose.

It feels like forever before we break away from each other, panting like rabid dogs after a long chase. Eyes wild, and hair all disheveled, Chat Noir is the perfect mix of hot and adorable.

"Chat..." I can't think of anything else to say, so I don't say anything. My hand reaches behind his neck, pulling his face back to mine as I stand on my tip toes to meet him halfway. Our lips crash together again, our kisses growing more and more chaotic. Chat Noir hoists me up as I gasp against his mouth.

His impressive strength holds me in place as he approaches a wall, pinning my back against it to brace some of my weight. Keeping my legs wrapped around him, our lips never separate as our kiss deepens. Tongue flicking against mine, I groan into his mouth as we devour each other's breaths.

When we finally break apart, his eyes are closed and I struggle to take in gulps of air. My hands press against his cheeks, he's such a beautiful person. I want to remove the mask and see his face.

I mentally shake my head, chasing away those thoughts. I'm Ladybug, I can't know his identity. We need to keep ourselves at a safe distance.

What have I done?

Becoming connected to Chat Noir like this only increases my desire to know every single detail about him. What happens if one day I can't hold my ground, and allow him to reveal himself to me?

Lord knows it's already a struggle to keep my resolve.

His eyes slowly open, his dark gaze making my stomach tighten. I want him to kiss me again, to smooth away all the ridges of my solid exterior keeping him at a distance. I want to be completely free with Chat Noir.

"I don't know what to say now." I whisper, my voice floating on my breath. It's like both of us don't know what comes next, neither of us confident enough to speak our minds.

Chat Noir pulls away and lowers me back to a standing position. Caressing my face, he leans in for one soft and sweet kiss. It only lasts a split second, making me pout when he pulls back.

"Then don't say anything." He says so nonchalantly, giving me a proud smirk. His thumb traces my bottom lip, eyes zeroing in on my mouth once again. It feels good to know he's as addicted to this as I am.

"We... we don't love each other. Right?"

"That's for you to decide, Princess." His eyes look back up, searching mine. How can he be so calm at a time like this?

"I have feelings for you. I just don't know what they are or what any of this means. All I do know is I don't want to hurt you." I admit, voice wavering. Chat Noir let's out a cute chuckle.

"You won't hurt me, I promise. I'm your friend, no matter what. We kissed, Princess. I didn't ask for your hand in marriage. If you want to take time to figure out how you feel, then do just that. Talk to others, go on dates. I'll be here when you know what it is your heart wants." He pokes my nose, hands moving to help fix my hair. I sigh as I lean into his touch.

"That's not fair to you."

"Oh my pretty Princess, it is fair. I want you to be sure of how you feel, without pressure. We can be friends who kiss sometimes, I can take you out on dates if you want. Hell, I'll reveal myself to you right here, right now. Maybe you'll find that will make things easier." He smiles at me, a genuine smile. Nothing cheeky, or mischievous in his expression.