Chapter Forty - Natures First Green is Gold; Her Hardest Hue to Hold

Three Months Later
Christmas Eve

"Nino, I swear to God! Give me that!" Alya shrieks, practically jumping on top of Nino to steal back the remote he's protecting with his body.

"Never! I'm not watching freaking Rudolph!" He argues sitting down on the couch, sticking the remote under his butt and crossing his arms defiantly.

"I agree, Rudolph sounds like an awful idea." Chloe pipes up, sitting next to Luka on the large couch that wraps around like a big U shape.

Never would I have thought I'd see the day where she hung out with all of us willingly. Yet, time and time again, here she is. Slowly becoming the kind of friend that I wished we could have been all along.

We've got a plethora of snacks and drinks spread out on the massive coffee table, and a huge flat screen TV with a list of classic Christmas movies to watch.

"It's my favourite!" Alya whines, still trying to get under Nino's butt to steal the remote back.

"Shouldn't Adrien get to pick?" Rose pipes up, beaming over at us. "I'm happy with anything! Rudolph is a great choice, but Adrien should be the one to pick."

"I agree!" I say, trying to pull Alya back into a sitting position.

"Fine." She grumbles, glaring over at Adrien. "You win this time, blondie." I smile at my boyfriend, who looks happier than ever amongst his friends.

"I'm fine with-"

"No!" We all yell, bursting out laughing immediately. Adrien doubles over, holding his gut as he laughs with such passion that I'm certain he's going to crumble to the ground.

"Okay! Okay! Kagami, what do you want to watch?" He asks, turning to our wide eyed friend snuggled up to Felix. The two of them have become increasingly close, having started to date after Felix made it clear he's going to be here for awhile.

I've never seen Felix so soft and gentle with anyone before. Somehow, Kagami has turned Felix into someone actually likeable. It's a miracle.

If not for Kagami, I'm sure Felix and I would still be on the rough end of things. Though he did pull through, and has done a great job to help take care of Adrien, I still wasn't convinced he was a nice person.

That is, until Kagami turned the boy into a love struck mess. It took just mere days to make Felix follow her around like a lost puppy. I honestly was really impressed. More so, I like that Felix has brought Kagami so much comfort and has made her feel so loved. She's a wonderful friend who deserves all the good there is in this world.

"I'm fine with whatever." Kagami says coolly, making me smile. She's so closed off, but I know it's just how she is. I like that she doesn't feel the need to try to be something that she's not. Her demeanour is often reserved, coming off as cold and harsh to anyone else. But I know her, and I know that she's happy to be here with us.

"Mylene? Do you want to chose?" Adrien turns to Mylene, who is tucked nicely under her boyfriend Ivan's arm. She looks slightly panicked as she glances up at Ivan, shrugging her shoulders loosely.

"I don't really know." Mylene smiles apologetically, making Ivan grin and poke her nose. He speaks up to offer a movie, "how about Elf?"