Epilogue - Forever a Hero

"Emma! Emma, where are you?" I call out, sneaking around the house to find my little daughter who is terrible at hide and seek. Every time, without fail, she answers you when you call out.

"Not over here, mommy!" She responds, exposing her hiding spot in the hallway closet. I laugh, rolling my eyes at my silly daughter.

"Oh really? Then where is daddy?" I respond, creeping up close to the closet door.

"He's also not over here!" Her sweet voice answers, making me giggle. I slowly turn the closet handle, and yank it open to expose my husband crouched awkwardly in the small space holding our squealing and excited four year old daughter, Emma. She stares at me with big blue eyes, a spitting image of my own, but with golden hair like her fathers.

"How did you ever find us?" Adrien mocks, laughing with me. Emma bursts free from his arms, rushing into my own with surprising strength and speed. I swoop her up, swinging her around as she laughs hysterically.

"How did you find us, mommy? You'we too gwood." She giggles, making me heart soar. She's just far too cute. I know I'm biased, but I swear she must be the cutest toddler ever.

"Want to know my secret?" I whisper, watching her big eyes widen as she leans in to hear me. "I'm a superhero."

"I know that, so is daddy." She giggles, pushing out of my arms. I quickly lower her before she plummets to the floor, watching her take off running down the hallway again.

"My goodness, how does she always have so much energy?" Adrien exclaims, stretching as he exists the cramped closet. I pull him in for a quick kiss, my body shivering from his touch when he leans in to enjoy the moment.

"You forget she's the direct product of two Miraculous holders. I'm convinced she has the speed, strength and stamina of the two of us combined." I laugh, quickly running after our daughter. She's no longer making a bunch of ruckus. If there is one thing motherhood has taught me, it's that a silent child is never up to any good.

"Emma! Where are you?" I call out again, hearing her giggle in the living room. She doesn't respond, furthering my suspicions that she's up to something. "Emma?" I peek in, seeing her holding the home phone with an iron fist.

Oh, dear heavens.

"Aunty Alya! Aunty Alya, can you come over and play? Aunty Alya?" Emma practically yells into the phone, making me dart over to take it from her. She doesn't know how to work this thing, please tell me she didn't call anyone.

I let out a sigh of relief when I see she wasn't able to make a call. I was worried she'd dial the only phone number she knows, 112. The last thing I need is another visit from the police when Emma called them last to see if Aunty Alya could come cook her some spaghetti.

"I told you, Emma. If you want to call Aunty Alya, or Uncle Nino, you need to ask me first honey. I can call them for you." I tell her softly, rubbing her little head with my hand. Her bottom lip juts out in a little pout, making me quickly dial up Alya before the water works begin.

"I want to call Aunty Alya!" Emma cries out when I quickly hand her the phone on speaker, listening to it ring over and over. Emma's pout turns into a smile as she recognizes the noises the phone makes. I pray Alya answers, otherwise I'll have a very heartbroken toddler on my hands.

"Whats up, Mari?" Alya answers, making Emma squeal with excitement. "Oh! Baby Emma! How's it going, baby?"

"Aunty Alya! Come oveh and play!" Emma exclaims, practically bouncing up and down in her seat. It warms my heart to see her love my best friend as much as I do.

"I'm finishing up work right now baby, but I'll come over tomorrow, okay? I promise! I'll even bring Uncle Nino, and Uncle Felix too! Don't you want to see Uncle Fefe and Aunty Gami?" Alya, ever so wonderful with Emma, turns her growing frown into a beaming smile.