Chapter Twenty Nine - I've Always Wanted to be a Spy

"Wait until you get here to transform, that way no one sees Rena Rouge jumping from building to building, okay? I'll have the boys wait in a room so they don't see you, and you can transform safely once you're here." I tell Rena as I sit on the edge of Luka's bed.

Both Luka and Adrien are in the living room, but I needed to let Tikki rest.

"Sounds great, I have some supplies too. I'll bring everything that I think will be useful." With that, Alya hangs up and leaves me in the comfort of the silent room.

"Are you okay?" Tikki pipes up amidst chowing down on some cookies and crackers that Luka provided.

"I don't have much of a choice. I need to be okay." I mumble, flopping down onto the soft mattress. Luka's room is nicely put together, and it smells comforting. Like fresh laundry and a newly lit vanilla candle.

"I'm sorry." Tikki says softly, making me let out a humourless chuckle.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I'm the one who should be sorry, I shouldn't have rushed to save Adrien. I was blinded by my need to protect Adrien that I never took even a second to evaluate the situation."

"You never could have guessed Hawkmoth was behind this." Tikki slides up next to me, nuzzling against my cheek.

"Yeah, but still.." I trail off, taking a deep breath. "Ready to get back to work?"

"Always." Tikki nods at me, determination in her eyes. "You've got this, Marinette."

"Shhh!" I put my finger to my lips, hushing Tikki as my eyes flicker towards the door. I don't need more people knowing my identity right now.

"Sorry, sorry. My bad." I giggle at her guilty face, poking her lightly.

"Don't worry about it. Tikki, spots on!" I transform back into Ladybug, feeling the power course through me. Tikki is right, no matter what happens I know we're going to figure this out.

I head into the living room, seeing a sleeping Luka and an anxious Adrien. Luka lays sprawled out on the couch as Adrien hovers by the window, tapping the frame with his index finger incessantly.

"Come here." I whisper, Adrien jumping as my quiet voice breaks the complete silence in the room. He turns to face me, slowly leaving his post by the window to join me in the doorway to Luka's bedroom.

I usher him inside, shutting the door behind us so we don't wake up Luka.

"Let's talk." I say, sitting on the edge of the bed. Adrien doesn't join me, just paces about the room.

"Can you turn into Chat Noir for me?" I ask after a few minutes, making Adrien pause his pacing to gape at me.

"Why?" He asks, baffled by my strange request.

"I miss seeing him." I shrug, making Adrien press his lips in a thin line.

"I can, but I don't think it will change anything."

"Sometimes it changes everything. I could be having the worst day of my life up until this point, and just transforming into Ladybug and letting that strength course through me really does make a difference. Our Miraculous' gives us powers to help others, but in return it provides this crutch for us to lean on. It gives us powers to help ourselves too." I hold my hand out, watching Adrien slowly approach and place his hand in mine.

Taking a deep breath, he nods his head.

"Plagg, claws out." He says, transforming into Chat Noir right before my eyes. I watch him closely, transfixed by the way he visibly glows in the dimly lit room.