BONUS CHAPTER - THREE: I Wanna Be Yours | POV: Luka Couffaine

This scene takes place in Chapter Forty One - So Dawn Goes Down to Day, when Luka gets out of the water to speak with Chloe.

It's a beautiful sunny summer day, and I'm spending it at the beach with all of my friends. Everything should be great, but it's not. The water I'm submerged in does nothing to ease the growing tensions in my body.

Chloe Bourgeois, the beautiful blond haired Goddess that has surely stolen my heart, stands on the shore in the arms of Adrien Agreste. Another blond haired Adonis. Someone who, despite being a friend of mine, makes my blood boil.

"That should be me holding her when she's sad." I grit out, trying not to get angry at him. After all, he's her friend. It's normal for friends to comfort each other. But I still can't help the bile that rises in my throat when I see them together.

Chloe used to love him, and part of me worries she still does. On top of that, it's not like I have a great track record when it comes to losing girls to Adrien Agreste. My first love in life turned out to love him instead.

"Why isn't it you then? You could go and take his place, right now." That first love of mine suggests, drawing my attention back to her. Years ago, it hurt when she rejected me for him. But I moved on, because to see her happy was worth it.

How come out of all the girls I could have fallen for, it had to be Adrien's childhood friend who has spent her whole life pining after him?

"She told me if I don't keep my distance, she'll never come around anymore." I grumble out, running my palms down my face in exasperation. She's so frustrating, but her growth is unmeasurable. I know that with some more help, Chloe will be able to express her emotions freely.

"I think Chloe is afraid of love, if I'm being honest. She's scared of what getting close to someone will do to her. She's only really ever let Adrien in, and that didn't work out the way she wanted. Now they're just friends, and if I'm right, I bet she's scared the same will happen with you."

"But it's different, I've told her I like being around her. That I have feelings for her. And she told me to eat shit if I want to keep talking nonsense like that. Her direct quote." In her usual Marinette fashion, she laughs at this, making me wonder what part of my torment is amusing to her.

"Trust me, Luka. I see things, and have seen it for months now. Chloe has feelings for you too. You just need to take it slow, let her chose the pace. She'll open up eventually. Now go on, get your girl and make amends." She shoves me forward, the water rippling around us with the sudden movement. I turn back to look at Marinette, a wave of something not quite definable passes through me.

Maybe hope? Mixed with a bit of irony. She was the one I wanted to be with, and ended up dating the best friend of the girl I want now.

"You really think so?"

"I know so. Now hurry, she's noticed us in the water and I think she might come kill me if we huddle together any longer." Marinette laughs, making me realize something I never really thought of.

I used to love Marinette, someone that Chloe has despised for years. She represents everything that Chloe wanted. Marinette's family, friends, Miraculous, and her boyfriend. Even at one point, my love too.

Just as scared as I am to lose Chloe to Adrien, she must be scared of losing me to Marinette. Both of the people we loved have fallen for each other and left us behind. Now that we harbour feelings for one another, it's hard to believe it will work out in our favour.